Pennsylvania-Central

Outdoor reception venue helppp! (Reading area)

Hey girls! So I've been doing endless amounts of research and I'm starting to run out of ideas. We'd like an outdoor reception under a tent, however most of the all-inclusive places that do this for you are way outside our budget. Our guest list is about 200 and really can't be lowered. My newest idea is having the reception at a park and bringing in the caterings and vendors. Listed below are the places I'm considering. If anyone has any advice or knowledge of pricing on these venues that would be a HUGE help. I'm looking right now at:

Meredith Manor in Pottstown
Heritage Hotel in Lancaster (in case outdoor doesn't work out)
The Stone House at Wyomissing Park
Berks Leisure Area Park

Thanks so much everyone! And hope you're all having a great holiday season!

Re: Outdoor reception venue helppp! (Reading area)

• kgarretykgarrety member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would def look into Riverdale Manor.  I am getting married there and my reception is there as well.  They have a cater there so you don't have to worry about finding one. You can bring you own alcohol and that makes it cheaper.  The reception is going to be in the farmhouse, but i will have my cocktail hour outside on the patio.  I suggest going there and looking, but you need to book at least a year advance.
  • edited December 2011
    The barn at overlook?? I think that is the one in Pheonixville area I hear it is nice I've never been. We are having our wedding at The Barn at Flying Hills, right outside of Reading. If you do it in the parks or in Wyomissing there is no alcohol allowed incase you planned on having alcohol at your wedding. Also some of the parks don't allow you to have chairs and tents or anything that puts holes in the ground. You pretty much have to do everything by their rules under the pavillions and such.
  • mo0nangelmo0nangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Riverdale manor is a great option, also have you looked into the Sunken Gardens at Lauxmont farms?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards