Flowers

Tulips in September??

I am getting married this September in a rose garden. I thought tulips for our bouquets would look simplistic and elegant. Also, they wouldn't be roses like you'd be seeing everywhere else. I can get tulips at a reasonable cost in September (we're in New England). But I am just wondering if it'll look "out of place" because tulips generally bloom in May.

Thoughts?

Re: Tulips in September??

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they'd look out of place. Although I'm not sure about the idea of having them instead of the roses that will be all around you...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would confirm that you can get tulips in September from a local florist. Then I would check the pricing.   I couldn't get tulips for a September 25 wedding without paying way too much (they would be ship from Down Under).
  • leann324leann324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am ordering my tulips from a wholesaler. They're coming directly from Holland, so I know I'll be able to get them for September.
  • edited December 2011
    If it were me, I would take the rose theme and run with it!
  • edited December 2011
    You'll probably need flowers with strong stems to support the tulips.  FI gives me roses and tulips for Valentines day and the tulips need the rose stems for support.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • leann324leann324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never said I didn't like roses. Why would we be getting married in a rose garden, otherwise?

I think I'll put the roses and tulips in a room and have them duke it out. Whoever's left standing I'll go with. ;-)

I'm actually surprised by the opposition of tulips in September. How is it any different than any other exotic flower like an orchid, unless you're getting married somewhere tropical?

And IMO, "themes" are boring and safe.

I do appreciate the input because I just wanted to feel out the general thoughts on this. But obviously, I'm still going to go with what I want because it is my wedding. Thanks all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards