Florida-North Florida

Pensacola, Ft Walton, Destin, Santa Rosa area brides.

Our thread was getting harder to find so here's a new one. Just thought I'd check-in to see how we are all doing. So here's a surbey: (Fun Stuff!) lol

WEDDING DATE:

VENUE OR AREA:

HOW MANY GUESTS:

COLOR SCHEME:

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE:

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED:

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW:

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS:

Re: Pensacola, Ft Walton, Destin, Santa Rosa area brides.

• lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE:  04/02/2011

VENUE OR AREA:  Pensacola, but undecided about venue

HOW MANY GUESTS:  80+

COLOR SCHEME:
    Saphire and fuscia

unique, memorable, crazy fun

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED:
    just my dj, lol First Day Entertainment, he is offering an amazing discount but it ends 02/04. So I decided to go ahead and book him.

our reception venue, something downtown, because we ar gonna get married in one of the parks downtown.

he wants in on every decision, very supportive, but says if there is something I really want I have ultimate authority. He just wants me happy.

• alexisharrellalexisharrell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE:  7/31/2010

VENUE OR AREA:  rented house on Pensacola beach (found on vrbo.com)

HOW MANY GUESTS:  50

COLOR SCHEME: perwinkle and white (does white count as a color?) oh, and khaki (white shirt and khakis for guys)

simple, elegant, sweet

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED:
     DJ Hibird, Sandollar photography, Kent for rentals, The cake shop,

florist, minister, and wedding arch, looking at a gourmet occasion for caterer but not sure, also talked to two different officiants but not sure on that either, no clue about wedding arch, wish Kent had one besides the bamboo one, just found this floral deal at Sams
    http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=441570&pCatg=4077

not much yet, was just giving him crap about being more involved actually, he's like, well I figured we had plenty of time, we have 6 months, and I'm like, exactly, we only have 6 months!
  • kristenf87kristenf87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: April 17, 2010

VENUE OR AREA: Pensacola - Olive Baptist & Sanders Beach - Corinne Jones Community Center

HOW MANY GUESTS: 250-300

COLOR SCHEME: Garnet & Gold :)

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: calm, classic, fun

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Tara Lohse - T. Lohse Photography; Kents for decoration rentals; Mrs. Crutchfield for cake; a lot of other vendors are family friends that don't actually have a business

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW: the rest of the centerpieces, choosing bridal pictures, figuring out food

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS: eh, not much. but it's hard... he's in PC and I'm in Bham, AL and trying to plan the wedding in Pcola.
  • grimes_kgrimes_k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alexis,

What is the listing number on the house you found for your wedding. I am planning a wedding for June 2011 and I am researching different houses on the beach because I would like to just get married on the beach and have a house to have a small reception kind of get together afterwards... Some of the houses either say no weddings... or $1,000 more for weddings... Do you just not tell them you are doing a wedding there? LOL
  • alexisharrellalexisharrell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha, yeah, they know we're having a wedding there but we found some do freak out about that.  They recently passed some law there that you now need a permit for any gathering over 35 people and I guess some others freak out about that or the possiblity of having a large party and possibly incuring damages, I don't know...

Here's the place we chose:
    http://www.vrbo.com/29074
    I'll also give you the email of the lady we went through, she has this property and a few others she told us about gailcgreen@yahoo.com  she also does # 260847 and 260697 and http://www.rentabeachhome.com/ was another site she gave us

Some I think might only rent weekly and others have a 3 night minimum.  We also looked at this place right next door http://www.vrbo.com/195566 and this one was right across the street http://www.vrbo.com/113033 and I know they welcome weddings cause they have pics of someone who had there's there

Try not to get discouraged!  There is a lot of options out there, so just keep looking, check those out and contact Gail, she might even be able to give you some more info.  Good luck!  
  • elissa81elissa81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: June 11, 2010

VENUE OR AREA: a private beach house we rented in Destin on VRBO

HOW MANY GUESTS: 30- 40

COLOR SCHEME: white, teal, brown 

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: simple, fun, different

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: our officiant (Christine) from Yours Truly Weddings, our photographer (Carie Marine from Orlando - we have a friend that has used her), Kent's Rentals (chairs, and bamboo arch), and our AHR place has been rented

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW: trying to find a florist and cake in Destin, also trying to finalize decor for the beach wedding and our centerpieces for our AHR, also looking at invitations either DIY or buy, also looking for bridal/bridesmaid jewelry

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS: he has been involved in the process but has let me just run with it - he says if I am happy with it then he will be too
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies.  I've been away from the knot for a while now, but I'm snowed in and bored I'm checking in.  The boards are a lot different format-wise!

I got married in Pensacola on May 3, 2008.  I have recommendations, so I'll just put them here.

Cake: Betty Weber. Hands down most compliments I got on my wedding.  I STILL hear about it to this day.  And it was still good on our 1st anniversary! I got chocolate with cream cheese marbled in and butter cream frosting.  Her almond cake and lemon cakes are great too.

Photographer: Forever Photography by Kylene.  She is AMAZING.  I was recommended to her by Rey Leytham, who is also amazing.

DJ: Ron Ralph with A DJ to Go.  He was awesome too.  He was the most accomodating vendor I had, and was super willing to do exactly what I wanted.

I got married on base at the chapel, which was nice, but the Officer's Club was the worst.  My guests probably didn't notice, but SO MANY THINGS WERE WRONG. They gave out plastic cups for the beer after I repeatedly told them during the planning that I wanted glass, used the wrong china, didn't iron the linens, and planned a high school prom for the adjacent room.  Idiots.
  • edited December 2011
    Weird! It signed me in under my super old screen name that I changed. Hmmm.
  • edited December 2011
    That's better.
  • kellymaryannekellymaryanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: April 21, 2012 (waiting till after deployment)

VENUE OR AREA: Looking at coastline from Biloxi, MS to Destin, FL

HOW MANY GUESTS: 125

COLOR SCHEME: Graphite & Peacock

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: Elegant, Unique, Classic

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Just started, so nobody for now

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW: A VENUE! Need an outdoor ceremony site & indoor reception site. Prefer a beach view, but not in the sand.

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS: He listens intently, but pretty much just agrees with me.

Does anyone have any venues they can recommend? I would like to keep our total budget at 10k. But I'm willing to skip some other details to have a great venue.
  • ashleylacourashleylacour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: October 9, 2010
    VENUE OR AREA: Carillon Beach (Beach Ceremony, Village Green for recption)
    HOW MANY GUESTS: 125

COLOR SCHEME: Lime & Navy

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: Fun, Classic, Personal

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Caterer (Townsend), Cake Designer (Confections on the Coast), Florist (Events by Noveau), DJ (Todd Sparks), Rentals (through the caterer), planner (Victoria at Carillon), Photographer (Vue Photography)

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW: Personal details and videographer

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS: He is from Europe so this is all a little overwhelming for him... although he did help pick out the cake flavors... yummmmm

• edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: April 25, 2010

VENUE OR AREA: House in Seagrove Beach

HOW MANY GUESTS: 80ish plus kids

COLOR SCHEME: Beachy colors...white on white, blues and greens

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE:  Romantic, Fun, Memorable

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Photography- Meg Baisden, Caterer- Nancy's Haute Affairs, Florist- DIY, Music- Dueling Pianos from Seville (shhh, it's a secret!),
    Rentals- Kents

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW: Shower hostess gifts, bridal party gifts, fabric for flower girl dresses I'm making, long bamboo poles for bridal archway.....I could go on and on! :D

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS:  He's interested in hearing about the plans but learned in the very beginning to leave the planning to me and my mom.  My mom is doing an amazing job and he loves everything that we are planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: April 17, 2010

VENUE OR AREA: Tiger Point Golf Club

HOW MANY GUESTS: 100

COLOR SCHEME: Tiffany Blue, Silver and White

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: Simple, Elegant, FUN

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Photographer: Newcomer Photography / DJ: SN DJ Pensacola / Officiant: EJ Campfield / Kents Special Events

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW:  Going to get the cake from Publix.  Every Bridal show I've been to in the last 2 years has had Publix there with their delicious cakes.  And I want one.  :)

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS: I make him lists.  he checks them twice.  LOL!

• LyndsiMLyndsiM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: October 1, 2010 (10/01/10!)

VENUE OR AREA: Reception will be at the Emerald Grande in Destin, FL. We are still looking for a church for the ceremony

HOW MANY GUESTS: 100-150

COLOR SCHEME: light pink, black + white

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: traditional, classic, elegant

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Photographer: Sarah Schmidt Photography (very young + unique!), caterer is through the reception venue

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW:  Everything else! ha!

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS: VERY. He's really excited. We are currently living about 3 hours apart so when we see each other (almost every weekend) we always do something wedding related. :)
  • prttypancakeprttypancake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: April 2012 ish

VENUE OR AREA: Pensacola Beach Area (Would like to have the ceremony at Our Lady of the Assumption Mission....no clue on the reception yet though)

HOW MANY GUESTS: 125-175

COLOR SCHEME: sky blue and chocolate brown

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: memorable, beachy, classy

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Our friends that are in a band are going to perform for the reception

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW: EVERYTHING!
    Laughing

So far, everything we have decided has been together.

We just got engaged a month ago. FI is in CG aviation training at Whiting. We were originally going to have the wedding at home in NY but when I saw Pensacola Beach I fell in love instantly!
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE:  August 2011, Haven't narrowed down day.

VENUE OR AREA: Pensacola, I would like to have it at First Baptist Church located in Downtown Pensacola

HOW MANY GUESTS: 150-250

COLOR SCHEME: Chocolate Brown and Green Apple or Fern Green

Romantic, initimate, and Fierce!
    WHO HAVE YOU HIRED:
    No one yet newly engaged by two weeks!
    Everything probably wedding planner first.

He has been very involved so far and is interested in helping make decisions throughout the process
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • tammyrosicktammyrosick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: November 4, 2010

VENUE OR AREA: Hilton Sandestin

HOW MANY GUESTS: 30-50

COLOR SCHEME: hot pink and red

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: classic, romantic, picturesque

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Hilton Sandestin is coordinating everything.  We are using Bella Flora, Bake my day, I can't remember the name of the photographer or officiant...

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW: Bridesmaid dresses

HOW INVOLVED IS YOUR FI IN THE PROCESS:  He gives me some feedback, but it's all me!

-Tammy
  • kellid81kellid81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WEDDING DATE: May 29, 2010

VENUE OR AREA: Immanuel Baptist Church - Pace, FL and Heritage Hall at Seville - Pensacola, FL

HOW MANY GUESTS: 250-275

COLOR SCHEME: watermelon pink and light pink

3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING DAY TO BE LIKE: romantic, classic, traditional

WHO HAVE YOU HIRED: Photographer - Bethany Brown (amazing), Cake - Geri Gardner, Flowers - Peck's House of Flowers, Caterer - through Seville, Videographer - students from WPHS at Pace High School

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NOW: My wedding is in 32 days so most everything is done. Oh, I am still trying to figure out what to get as a gift for my ring bearer!

He is actually very involved and very interested in what is going on with the planning. It's really cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards