Hawaii

Back to Planning!

So the holidays are over and now I'm back in planning mode.  5 1/2 months....so actually starting to freak out a bit.  Yesterday FI and I sat down and went over our list.  Received an e-mail from the wedding planner as we were talking and then I really flipped out....so much to think about that I hadn't even realized I was going to have to think about.  She's got the officiant booked, wants to get working on the flowers more, musician, etc.  Asked if we would be seeing each other before the ceremony or not .......hadn't thought about that one either - any recommendations?  Gave the total run down for the day.  Confirmed photographer and worked on invitations.  FI was put in charge of the "rehearsal" party and rings.  He immediately got on the party portion lol.  He booked a Harbor Cruise with live music.  I think he did well.  I haven't even started on the reception except having the location reserved.

This has all turned into much more than I anticipated.  I'm tired just typing all of this out.  It's going to be worth it, right?

Re: Back to Planning!

• edited December 2011
    Yes, it will! Laughing

There are pros and cons to seeing each other beforehand, but all the couples I know who have done it thought it was a great idea and really freed up a ton of time.
  • edited December 2011
    Planning can get overwhelming at times but it is all worth it in the end!! Instead of thinking of everything all at once, break everything down -- it's more doable if you try to accomplish just a couple of things a week and soon you will get through your checklist.

I saw DH before the ceremony and I am SO happy that I did. It was really nice to have a private moment beforehand and we also were able to get more pictures taken which was super important to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I can honestly say, because it just happened, that it was all worth it to me. The more you can get done, the better you will feel as the day gets closer. My best advice is to leave as little as possible on your to-do list for the day before and day of.

We DID see each other the morning of the wedding. We actually did our rehearsal then, so it was inevitable. Our ceremony didn't start until 3p, so not seeing each other would have been kind of hard, even without the rehearsal.

I really didn't think it was a big deal, I didn't feel jinxed, and he didn't see me in my dress and hair/makeup until the ceremony, and I felt like that was the most important part to keep as a surprise.
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, the feelings of stress and of being overwhelmed only get worse the closer you get to the big day... just remember to breathe.  Also, prioritize what's important to you and then work on those first.  That way if those things that aren't important to you & your FI don't get done, it won't be a big deal.  It's a lot of planning but I can say that it's definitely worth it in the end.  Besides, it sounds like your wedding planner is on top of it so that's a good sign!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards