April 2013 Weddings

What's On Your Reception Menu?

We're looking over menus tonight, so I can't tell ya what we've decided on.

Although for an app, we are FOR SURE having proscuitto wrapped melon. I love that stuff and our caterer offers it, we'll definitely have that.

What about you??

Re: What's On Your Reception Menu?

• Passed during cocktail hour: crab cakes and ? (I forgot)

Buffet
    - Cheese display
    - Fruit display
    - Veggie display
    - Brisket
    - Hot seafood dip
    - Crab dip
    - Crawfish Fettucine
    - Corn Maxchouix (can't spell)
    - Chicken salad

I feel like I'm leaving stuff off but can't remember
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have no idea, we have booked the caterers already & will be serving a choice of steak, chicken or fish (and vegetarian option too) but we havent decided on what exactly & we havent chosen the appetizers or entrees yet eithe. We will be deciding on those after the tasting which isnt for a few months. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just can't decide!!!  All the cocktail food sounds so yummy and I can't pick from the list...gonna be tough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing a brunch/lunch time reception, so we're just planning on some great fruit trays for apps. We're planning on booking the Crepe Maker, who will make both entre and dessert crepes from a menu of at least 30 options. We'll round it out with some salad, so people don't just have crepes. I'm a little jelous of everyone else's more traditional choices, but we are neither traditional, nor fancy. The whole wedding is going to be pretty casual, and this fits what we're going for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • I have no idea...that's something I'll finalize at the end of this year/early next year.  I just know I get two entrees and a carving station and three sides.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    Burgers!  Well its a menu we choose at the burger place in Vegas we are doing our after ceremony dinner.  There will be burger options, salad and a chicken sandwich choice too.  Then fries, onion rings and fried pickles for each table.

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • We went for a tasting at our venue when they had a tasting event, everything was great! We will finalize our menu at our details meeting in November!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We will be serving crab cakes, steak with some kind of peppercorn sauce, and the most delicious chicken I've ever had, but I forget how they made it. Our sides are snow peas and twice baked potatoes. It's more homey than fancy, but it's food that we love, and it fits our wedding and venue.
  • We won't finalize until a couple months before the wedding, but we having a buffet with a salad station, two pasta stations, a fish entree, a chicken entree, three sides and two carving stations. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• We are having our reception at Maggiano's Little Italy so we will have some pastas to choose from, and steak of some sort. mm gonna be goood.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • In Response to Re:What's On Your Reception Menu?:[QUOTE]We're doing a brunch/lunch time reception, so we're just planning on some great fruit trays for apps. We're planning on booking the Crepe Maker, who will make both entre and dessert crepes from a menu of at least 30 options. We'll round it out with some salad, so people don't just have crepes. I'm a little jelous of everyone else's more traditional choices, but we are neither traditional, nor fancy. The whole wedding is going to be pretty casual, and this fits what we're going for. Posted by shipsinthenight[/QUOTE]

I thought I replied to this earlier.. Guess not. I really like this idea! It's so different and unique and I am sure everyone will be blown away!
  • My reception is in a restaurant so we have a pretty big selection:
    1st Course
    Pasta Duo with penne a la vodka and mezzi rigatoni
    2nd Course
    Salad Duo with Insalata d’ Endiva (Belgian endive, caramelized walnuts, poached pears and gorgonzola cheesein an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing) and a Caesar salad
    3rd Course
    Choice out of 6 entrees (FI and I are still debating on these but I think this is what we'll end up with)
    3 will be seasonal seafood entrees, we won't know the specifics until a week before  
    Pollo Martini (Lightly breaded chicken with Parmigiano and breadcrumbs, served in a lemon and white wine sauce)
    Medaglioni di Vitello (Medallions of veal in a creamy truffle sauce over mashed potatoes)
    Filetto di Manzo (Medallions of filet mignon over mashed potatoes in creamy peppercorn sauce)

Dessert Course is a choice out of 5 of whatever the oh so French pastry chef feels like making that day and wedding cake. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • mistygurl26mistygurl26 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I am a cowgirl from the central coast so Santa Maria Style BBQ is a must.

Tritip
    Chicken
    veggie skewers
    Chili
    Fruit display
    Soughdough garlic bread
    and a green salad with strawberries and feta 
  • edited June 2012
    Appetizers- 
          Bruschetta
          Stuffed mushrooms
          Bacon wrapped pineapple

Dinner-
        Chicken spedini
        Beef marsala
        Pasta con broccol
        Twice baked mashed potatoes
        Veggie medley
        Salad
        Rolls
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married on a beach in California.  We have a heavy Cuban/Floribean influence here in this area so I am combing the cuisines.

Apps:

Conch Fritters
    Deviled Crabs (huge Tampa tradition)
    Cuban Sandwich Cigars (another big Tampa tradition)
    Coconut Shrimp with Mango Salsa

Main:
    Rum & Tamarind Pork
    Grilled Grouper with mango salsa
    Coconut chicken with lime sauce

Sides:
    Plantains
    Rice and Peas
    Roasted Veggie Kabobs with Polenta - which is also part of a vegetarian option
    Caribbean cole slaw

And I am unsure about desserts yet.  I really don't want a traditional wedding cake. I think we are going with Pineapple upside rum cupcakes and mini Key lime pies.

We are also having a reception that goes very late night and we are on the beach with a bonfire. So we decided to also add a "soak up the open bar" food station outside which is a Euro Frittes stand served in cones with truffle and parmesan & a smores station towards the later hours.

All of us and our friends are big time foodies Tongue out

Our reception goes until midnight so we will have waves of food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a question for all of you.  We have a choice between a sit down dinner,  Buffet two choices of meat, salad, veg and rolls or a social menu, with to start, served shrimp cocktail at table and then about 4 different meats ( Salmon, Chicken tenders...for kids, Beef tenderloin, something else, a carving station( Chicken), martini mashed potatoe bar, pasta station with rolls , Sides are rice , spinach, spagetti squash, Gourmet coffe bar , beverages, dessert bar , Wedding cake. Also we will have fruit and cheese and a  passed upscale  hour'douve during cocktail hour.  Beer, wine and champaigne bar.  This is an evening wedding somewhat formal.
    What would you want to eat?  Please help?  Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards