Wedding Party

Declining a bridesmaid invitation

How does one decline an invitation to become someone's bridesmaid?

Re: Declining a bridesmaid invitation

• "Thank you for thinking of me but I have to decline. I'm sorry"

If you can't do it because you are super busy or financially stressed just add something like "I have so much going on right now that I don't feel like I could give you and your wedding the attention that it deserves."
    Anniversary
  • Thank you both for those graceful bow-outs, but I fear the situation may be a tad more complicated. I should have mentioned it in my original post, but this soon-to-be bride is going to be my future sister-in-law. Her brother is my boyfriend and we are close to being engaged ourselves. Their mother, as sweet, understanding and generous as she is, is very involved in the goings-on with them, and me as well. There is nothing saying that she will ask me, but in case she does, I would like to be prepared.
  • I am also curious as to why you want the Bow Out now. If this is going to be you FSIL I would do it just to keep the peace. You don't want to strain the relationship that you have with his family by saying no.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_declining-bridesmaid-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:0d58a7ce-482f-4b21-a657-71b54f0481aePost:24f6f71a-4848-4381-9048-d37252f5ec7f">Re: Declining a bridesmaid invitation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you both for those graceful bow-outs, but I fear the situation may be a tad more complicated. I should have mentioned it in my original post, but this soon-to-be bride is going to be my future sister-in-law. Her brother is my boyfriend and we are close to being engaged ourselves. Their mother, as sweet, understanding and generous as she is, is very involved in the goings-on with them, and me as well. <em><strong>There is nothing saying that she will ask me, but in case she does, I would like to be prepared.</strong></em>
    Posted by blublockers[/QUOTE]

If it's not too personal, why would you be 'declincing' the invitation to par-take in what you say would be your FSIL's wedding?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_declining-bridesmaid-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:0d58a7ce-482f-4b21-a657-71b54f0481aePost:b16dae89-168d-4381-91d6-9b6f36e580f4">Re: Declining a bridesmaid invitation</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Declining a bridesmaid invitation : If it's not too personal, why would you be 'declincing' the invitation to par-take in what you say would be your FSIL's wedding?
    Posted by RosenB[/QUOTE]

<div>This...is there a reason why you wouldn't want to be a BM, other than financial or time-related issues?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards