Texas-Austin
Options

QUESTION FOR ALL!!!

If you had an unlimited budget, what would be the one thing that you would improve about your wedding and why?

If I had an unlimited budget, I would improve the inside decor. I think every bride would love to have a venue totally decked out, and we are not going crazy due to our budget constraints.

This is for KnotAnnie!

Re: QUESTION FOR ALL!!!

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would pay for some of FI's family to travel from Romania. He only has 3 family members in this country and it makes me sad for him that most of the guest list is my family. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I had an unlimited budget, I would probably worry less about the actual wedding and take a month for a honeymoon to just travel around. I have never been out of the country, and I'm seriously travel deprived. 
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:49aacbfe-734e-4a9a-81b4-708694f3dd07Post:dbc1d222-7b42-4434-9acc-ea582dc00b36">Re: QUESTION FOR ALL!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would pay for some of FI's family to travel from Romania. He only has 3 family members in this country and it makes me sad for him that most of the guest list is my family. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw that is sad :o(</div>
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is over now but I would have had a fireworks show. I love fireworks. And I would also would have had it at The Driskill Hotel and went all out.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I had unlimited budget I would go ALL OUT on flowers and reception decor, extravagant linens, tableware, etc!
  • Options
    JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would add a cocktail hour and seated dinner. We are doing a buffet. And we definitely would have splurged on our honeymoon, we love to travel! Although I would have had to take unpaid days off, because I am out of vacation, then again, if my budget was unlimited....I guess that wouldn't matter!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I had an unlimited budget I would basically change everything as I would have a destination wedding instead in Italy. Its where ive always wanted to go and wished we could afford to fly away and marry there.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I could do all of this over again and had an unlimited budget, I would plan a destination wedding somewhere tropical and hire a planner to do all of the planning. We started out as a 'small wedding' and it has exploded and now I'm wishing we would have just ran away to Hawaii or somewhere and did a small intimate ceremony. I hope everyone is right that have been telling me that I'll appreciate having everyone there . . . right now I'm just not seeing it.  Sorry for the mini-rant :}
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with the two PP, I would change it to a destination wedding and since my budget is unlimited I'd pay for my guests to be there :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sunshine1224Sunshine1224 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of an awesome destination wedding and paying for the guests to be there and their accomodations.  Also I would hire a wedding coordinator which I currently don't have and pay for a romantic honeymoon.  Preferably a couple of weeks long honeymoon lol. I like the idea of it being just me and my love for a few weeks!!
    ~More Than Words~
  • Options
    laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With an unlimited budget I would #1 - hire a planner instead of DIY, #2 have flowers instead of none, #3 - have a large guest list with their accommodations paid lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're already doing a destination wedding for some of us (ah, the joys of a semi-long-distance relationship), but I don't think there's much I would change, honestly. Maybe rent the house for the whole week leading up to the wedding, rather than just the weekend. Other than that, I'd do a very nice National Geographic Expeditions round-the-world-by-private-jet honeymoon instead of just going and bumming around Scotland next year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would get more flowers -- many, many more flowers.  And I would have live music at the reception.  Also, I would arrange for the wedding party to have glamourous day-of transportation.  (We're going to ride with friends / drive ourselves.)  I think I would also spend more on my own dress and accessories.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards