African American Weddings

damn baby bug

so since me and my love been together,its all i think about.i know a hot mess!were getting close to all our deadlines with fixing our credit for a house(3 more months)and i start nursing school in july and art school for him in the fall and were gonna try after we get a house,but after seeing my younger uncles(hes 20 and im 24)lol baby it just made the craving stronger,like we  already have names,breastfeeding plan ,him being the stay at home dad.am i crazy the one or are there other ones out here like me!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: damn baby bug

• edited December 2011
    Yes, I have baby fever too. Every time I see a baby on T.V or at the stores I can't help but to have a big smile on my face. I would love to conceive on our  2 week honeymoon. I already have a home and we both have "stable" jobs.

FI will be 34 with no kids so he is very excited too.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    good i thought i was the only one!its soo hard!were soo close to the deadline and its killing me to wait the 4 months!lol
  • edited December 2011
    You are not alone.  I want a baby too.  Our wedding is not until Feb 25 2012 and we have chosen not to be intimate until then. (So hard since we already live together.) Neither of us want a baby before we are married.  Neither of us have kids so we are both very excited to get pregnant. I am already planning.  I have a name picked out and I'm ready.  I already checked the phone app and yet I WILL BE OVULATING on our wedding night!!!  My fingers are crossed!  A honeymoon baby would be such a blessing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lsk40lsk40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I will tell you this nursing school will be the cure for that bug you will be so busy you won't even think about it trust me I know Im in nursing school right now I have a son and it is so hard doing all the paperwork and clinicals and spending time with him
  • edited December 2011
    I had the bug until the pressure from the inlaws started...AT THE RECEPTION!  At 37 I have mothered my fair share of children over the last 20 years and I do want to have my own (time is a ticking), but now I'm a little nervous.  DH wants to wait until the first of the year to try.  I didn't think I could wait, but now I'm all for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The bug is everywhere. My FI and I talk babies all the time and we even have a list of names ready. We want to start next September because we should be settled into our new house which is being remodeled and ready this winter or spring. A million people in my family are also pregnant and it is driving me nuts. I want a baby. My FI said that it is good my family is having babies now, we will be the only ones when we get pregnant and will get all the gifts...lol.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_damn-baby-bug?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d7367f33-25a0-44ce-84d3-65e0156431f3Post:1e0e997c-983e-422f-a546-a27e1b0e2669">Re: damn baby bug</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I will tell you this nursing school will be the cure for that bug you will be so busy you won't even think about it trust me I know Im in nursing school right now I have a son and it is so hard doing all the paperwork and clinicals and spending time with him
    Posted by lsk40[/QUOTE]
    well i know its gonna be hard but we already talkeed about school and a baby,im going for my lpn now and its only a year course and were not gonna try till oct.or sooner so i will graduated by the time if the baby comes on time.but if not i have full support of my husband and both moms<div>
    </div>
  • edited December 2011
    its sooo bad my parents are always asking when are they gonna get those grandbabies,my mom just got a brand new car and she told me and nick that theres enough room for a carseat.and im pretty sure i would be the only one knocked because most of my cousins are too busy being divas or club hopping so we will get all the gifts!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_damn-baby-bug?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d7367f33-25a0-44ce-84d3-65e0156431f3Post:f4e0732d-ce19-45a3-9137-ff00527c3d22">Re: damn baby bug</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are not alone.  I want a baby too.  Our wedding is not until Feb 25 2012 and we have chosen not to be intimate until then. (So hard since we already live together.) Neither of us want a baby before we are married.  Neither of us have kids so we are both very excited to get pregnant. I am already planning.  I have a name picked out and I'm ready.  I already checked the phone app and yet I WILL BE OVULATING on our wedding night!!!  My fingers are crossed!  A honeymoon baby would be such a blessing.
    Posted by djscat[/QUOTE]
    what app to do have?ive been looking for some good ones to use.<div>
    </div>
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm starting to get baby fever as well. In the last couple of months every cute little baby has caught my eye and has me wanting to start a family. I just have one more year of school left then we'll start trying.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so happy for all you younf folks.... I DO NOT HAVE THE FEVER!  (TyBoyd and I were at a fitness class together and a lady asked if I was her mom.  I couldn't even be mad, because i am old enough plus some!!)  FI and I have 5 kids between us ranging from 26 to 8.  Lol!   I wish you all mush fertility and happiness!!  I'll be the Knottie Nana!

Smooches!
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "You are nooooot aloooooooone"  in my soothing Michael Jackson singing voice.  However I can wait bc I still have selfishness in me.  But, when I see cute baby girls, my uterus nudges me and says get on with it!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe I am an alien.  My mother and grandmother are WAY more over the moon about parenting that me.  It actually scares me, so I am not sold that I even want to be a mom.  I feel like it will hapen if its meant to be, but I am not making any plans to do so at the moment. I am 36 and FI is 45. 

I also really want to be married at least 2 years if possible before considering a child because I don't want to sacrifice our couple time too soon in the marriage. Once its gone, you never really get that time back. Not sure I want to give it up too soon. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards