Rhode Island
Options

Unresponsive Photographer

Hello everyone...I've been unable to get in touch with my photographer for almost a month. I've sent multiple emails/facebook messages and get no response and I call but I can't leave a voice message because the "mailbox is full". She hasn't posted on her facebook or blog since January. My wedding is in 2 months, so I've been checking in with all my vendors to make sure everything is in order, but the photographer is the only one I can't get ahold of. Should I panic and start looking for someone else to do the job? I'm worried that if I wait too long for her to respond, I won't be able to find any replacement. What are other people's experiences? Should I give her more time?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Unresponsive Photographer

• Options

Have you paid her in full? This seems strange that she hasn't posted or that her mailbox is full. Do you know if something happened to her? Possibly a medical issue or family issue?
    I would start looking around ASAP. even if you don't have to use them, it would be good to see who is available and who is not.

In the meantime, I would continually reach out to her. Also, I know you don't want to "out" your photographer on these boards, but maybe someone else on this board is using her or has used her. Do a search for her name and see who comes up...

• Options
    Does she have a studio?  Can you or someone else drive by there?  TBH, I would be nervous as well.  I had minimal contact with my photographer until approximately 2 months before the wedding.  We had two meetings in those last two months.  She also responded to emails within 24 hours.  She was great.  Even now, we are in contact weekly about my pictures and creating our album.  

I would start to research other people.  I would hate for you to get so close and be out of luck. I used a photographer in Tiverton.  Let me know if you want her information.  
  • Options
    This would make me nervous. I would start researching other photographers. Going by the studio seems like a good idea too
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinions! I am going to check around and see who is available still. If there are still some options out there, I'll give her a couple more weeks - I like to think maybe she is just on an extended vacation or just dealing with some personal or family issues and plans to come back soon. I'll definitely see about checking out her studio - that's a great idea.

jdandrea - who are you using from Tiverton?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

you have a PM

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Captivation. Lori has been great. You can look at her website, there are a couple of weddings on there including mine.
  • Options
    I am having the same problem with my photographer, I bet it's the same girl. Would you be willing to exchange notes? You can PM me if so. Thanks.
  • Options
    I am having a similar problem too...sent you a pm
  • Options
    Good news! She got back to me. looks like we are back on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! That must be so stressful, I can't imagine! 

Definitely check out Little Bliss Photo!  Located in CT but willing to travel within 2.5 hours and incredibly affordable!  Was amazing to work with and lways available to comminate about all sorts of wedding details.
    facebook.com/LittleBlissPhoto
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards