Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening Thread

Re: Evening Thread

• Eagles what are you getting acupuncture for?  If you don't mind my asking?
  • edited January 2012
    Meh, if they weren't paying for any part of the reception, I wouldn't oblige all of those extras.
  • Rach - have you broached the topic of being close to venue capacity/budget capacity with her?  Do you have a relationship with her or your dad where you could say "look, I got the list you sent.  I'm concerned about all the names I do not recognize.  We are close to reaching our budget/capacity limit and would prefer to restrict the guest list to people we really know" or something.  Or would they be offended by that?
  • I'm out of it tonight. I just accidentally typed "thefacebook.com" into my browser. That url hasn't worked in a while.
  • crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I love you all, but I don't care about your wedding stuff. IM JUST SAYING.

I care about your pictures when you're done though. Those I love.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I hope it helps Eagles.  I'm interested in acupressure.  I read a lot of great reviews that it truly works and is awesome.
  • Rach - I'd do the same thing then.. just make sure you send her a copy of the "final guest list" so she can look at it and see who made it so hopefully she doesn't put her foot in it with the other people on her list who don't make your cut.

Fishy - at least you're honest.
  • When are you sending out invitations Rach? Shouldn't that be happening like any day now?
  • OH NO, I'm sure OTHER people wanna answer your wedding questions! They do! I'm just an ass.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Ok I need help

FI decided to clean his gun yesterday on our new table. He used paper towels to 'protect' the table. There are now gun solvent stains on my table and gun oil stains. Anyone know how to fix this short of stripping the table down and refinishing it? If you do you will be saving his life. 

Me=pissed... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hi.  I'm here for like a minute before I crash.  I had the longest day ever - I got FOUR hours of sleep last night before waking up and stressing like a zombie...then I had to fight through the snow...THEN I had a deposition go forever...and THEN I had to do the rest of my work.

How are you hoars?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sucks Andy.  I drove all the way over to the place I get my dog's food at today to get Beefy his special treats that have condroitin and crap in them, only to remember as i pulled into the parking lot that they are closed on Mondays.  
    Photobucket
  • Wow Andy that's harsh. 

I am just chillin
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:a4eb7898-a2d7-42ae-b016-1c6fa9520937">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought I wanted to go back and get my Master's, MuSu.  I actually started.  Then I realized 1.  I hate school 2.  I have no idea what I would want to get a Master's degree for and 3.  Education be expensive, yo.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am not sure I would have gone back if I had stopped at all. What is funny is that I kinda of have disliked school, forever. I'm good at it, relatively, but I hate it.
  • andy71781andy71781 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAH  poor us.

MuSu - are you sure about this lawyering business?
  • I LOVED SCHOOL.

I would love to go back, actually.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Aaaand time for the debate.

Hi Andy! Sounds like a rough day. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:fee3a5bf-6d74-42d1-9a51-7b3145d229b0">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]WAAAAAAAAAAAAH  poor us. MuSu - are you sure about this lawyering business?
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

Haha yes. Surprisingly, though I'm weary of school, law school has been my favorite thus far.
  • though I suppose I would pick school over work if I could.  Cause work sucks.  
    Photobucket
  • or I'm just really bad at picking careers.
    Photobucket
  • I wish I had a tv in my room to watch the debate.  I just am too tired to be downstairs right now.

I'm with you Fishy - sign me up for school again please.  
  • I've enjoyed law school classes more than I've enjoyed any of my undergrad classes (aside from the dance classes, because, well, obviously). I finally feel like I fit somewhere.
  • I liked school, but I love not being in school too.  It's nice having an income.  And I get to teach and hang out at a school, but I get paid to do it.
  • What more can they debate about!? Has Mitt released his taxes yet?

The Margarita Evolution
  • I might also be on a high from that A- earlier. haha.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Romney isn't answering questions directly.  Hmph.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:150b3626-8e7c-4196-87ca-3f2af08f5d0b">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Romney isn't answering questions directly.  Hmph.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

oh my gawd I am so sick of them fighting back and forth. It is such a waste of time.
  • Well, that's shocking.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I can't bring myself to watch a debate.  The one I did watch made me want to bang my head against the wall and weep for the future of our country.
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    MS, I forgot to congratulate you on that paper.  Good job!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards