June 2013 Weddings
Options

Timing for Bridal Shower Invitations

I'm my best friend's MOH for her May 2012 wedding. We are having her shower on 2/26. I've already ordered and received the invitations, but I'm not sure WHEN I should send them out. The invitations have an RSVP date of 2/1. I want to give everyone enough time to respond, but I don't want to rush them either. Any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Timing for Bridal Shower Invitations

• Options
    Shower invitations usually at sent out a month before the party. But in your case the invitation should be sent out a month before the RSVP date i think to give the guests time. I would say drop those puppies in the mail January 2nd. People might be a little annoyed though since its so soon after the holidays and they're receiving an invitation to a party they're required to bring a gift to... are you able to change the rsvp date?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with Amanda...You def want to get them in the mail after the holidays so they get to ppl in time for them to RSVP. But I think by the time they get the cards and see the event isn't until the end of Feb, some may be grumpy about getting another gift so soon after the holidays, but I think most ppl will be fine.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree with the previous posters.

I would've probably made the RSVP about 2 weeks out from the party tbh (Unless you had to have a head count in to a restaurant/hall that was mandatory)

You definitely want to send them out fairly soon in the new year to ensure it gets to everyone within a timely manner and allows them enough time for a response.

Is there any way that you can change the RSVP date to a little later (I'm reading that you have them printed and received, so I'm going to guess probably not)
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards