Hawaii
Options

Hi Ladies!

After planning most of our wedding in San Diego, my fiance and I decided all the drama and expense of a huge wedding wasn't worth it so, we're get married next April in Maui :)  Can any of you give me wedding coordinator recommendations?  Any other tips for planning a Maui wedding would be greatly appreciated as well. 

Thanks so much!

Nicole

Re: Hi Ladies!

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Cherise with Perfect Wedding Maui and loved her.  She has a very reasonable flat rate and was great throughout the whole planning process.  A lot of girls have used Lori Lawrence as well but I'm not sure of her pricing structure. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of wedding are you looking to have?  Our coordinator was very reasonably priced.  I think our highly complex wedding may have been a bit much for what she was used to (and I didn't communicate my vision / standards well enough), but I still think she did a really nice job.

Debi Winckler - Pacific Island Weddings

Also, when I contacted Lori, she was charging a flat fee for her weddings, with an add on for a rehearsal.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!  We love when new Hawaii brides join our little communityhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Nicole, welcome to the board! :)
    We used Lori Lawrence as our WC and she was AMAZING and our wedding was absolutely perfect!!!!   I don't have any specific advice but we left alot of the smaller details up to Lori like specifics on flowers (we just said tropical) , cake stuff (we just gave her the flavor) etc and it worked out soo well. That way you aren't stressed about it and won't be dissapointed if for some reason it wasn't exactly how you'd planned. 
    Good luck and have a great wedding! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jessj336jessj336 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My WC is Lori Lawrence and so far she has been Amazing. She charges a flat rate for the ceremony and reception. Check out her website www.tropicalmauiweddings.com
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Oahu so no coordinator suggestions. Just wanted to welcome you to the board. Good luck on the wedding planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Yay! I'm also getting married in Oahu so I can't make any recommendations. Everyone on here is wonderful and full of ideas/info!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    MarisaLovellMarisaLovell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is exactly what we did. We were planning this wedding that got bigger and bigger by the second. That is so NOT what we are about. An escape to the islands of Hawaii sounded like just the cure. Thankfully the only thing we had nailed down had been our photographers (www.jennandtravis.com) and they had an incredible destination package that we traded in for. So I'm new to the planning business and just wanted to send you some well wishes!!!

Happy plannign!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards