California-Tahoe
Options

Reception Site Search....feels like it is in vain (VENT!)

I thought that we had settled on a reception venue.....but we are no closer to doing so than we were a month ago......

We've ruled out Tahoe and Reno due to travel distance from our ceremony venue. We need to find somewhere in Carson City that isn't the Brewery Arts Center ( I was married there to my ex.....we are also over their capacity limit as well), will allow us to bring in our chosen caterer AND will allow an event of our size, which is 225. Our chosen venue, through the Parks and Rec department isn't available due to it being booked through the summers by another organization for the next three YEARS!

Anyone have any other suggestions? FI is adamant about the caterer and the places that we've contacted say that our group is too big.

I previously posted a version of this question on the E board, and followed through on contacting Parks and Rec....but that has fallen through.

I feel like we're going to have to find an estate to rent with a large amount of property and set up a huge tent. I just feel rather.....pushed into a corner.

Vent over.

"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....

Re: Reception Site Search....feels like it is in vain (VENT!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any venue suggestions?
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is moot now, since we're going to marry at the courthouse in a few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards