Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

suggestions for Sunday Brunch wedding/reception AND after party location on the Cape?

Hey Knotties,

I'm having a really difficult time finding a wedding venue that fits both what my fiancé wants and what I want! I want to do something low-key for under $15 K total, and my fiancé wants to have an elegant wedding and reception. I'm guessing we will have between 165-185 wedding guests.

So, I think we are going to compromise with a Brunch wedding/reception and make it a formal affair, and then have a really fun, casual after party in the evening. I saw that the Cape Codder in Hyannis offers wedding brunch menus packages starting at $24pp so I'm looking into that.

Does anyone know of any similarly-priced venues on the Cape that could do a nice brunch event for my number of guests?

Also, does anyone know of any places (bars, park rentals with pavillions, fun restaurants, etc.), close to any of these possible brunch wedding venues that could fit maybe aroudn 120 people for a really casual, after party? We would probably bring our own sound system for dancing and either have a cash-bar or bring some kegs if the location allows it! Do you all have any ideas here?

Thanks for the help!

Re: suggestions for Sunday Brunch wedding/reception AND after party location on the Cape?

• Options
    I don't know if this exactly fits your bill but we did a morning after brunch at the Coonamessett Inn and it was really, really nice-- plenty nice for a wedding. 
  • Options
    I know the Holiday Inn across from Conamessett Inn will let you rent one of their function rooms for an after party for pretty damn cheap!! I'm having a night wedding at the Coony, but a friend of mine did a day wedding there then the after party at Holiday Inn & it worked out awesome!!!!
  • Options
    Coonie & The Holiday Inn is a great pair. Coonie I think is more $$ but the Holiday Inn is a great spot! You could even do a formal reception in their ballroom & then a after wedding party in their back grass area or restaurant?  I used to work over there.... Cynthia is their sales manager and she still occasionally calls me(the recent bride with creative ideas) when she has out of the box ideas. Let her know your idea and she would definatly work with it! Its very budget friendly too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards