Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Peacock Feathers

I have been enamored by peacock feathers ever since I saw them in a Real Wedding bridesmaid bouquet on this site.  I love the colors (turquoise and emerald) and have adopted them for my wedding.  Along the same vein as my "jumping the broom" question, are there any meanings, customs or traditons that explain the significance of peacock feathers in a wedding?

I have found this on the web...
Peacock which is the national bird of India, is known for its beauty and grace. It is a symbol of beauty, prosperity, royalty, love, compassion, soul and peace. It is considered sacred in India and China. Since peacocks are pure at heart, loyal and faithful to their partners, they also symbolize eternal love. The male peacock goes to great lengths to attract his hearts desire. Display the image of peacock in the bedroom to symbolize fidelity in your relationship encouraging a lasting and loving partnership.

Re: Peacock Feathers

• I am also doing Peacock feathers in our wedding. They will be in the centrepieces, the bouquets and the cake stand.

Peacocks are like swans, they mate for life and are monogamous. They can also die of a broken heart like elephants.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards