New Jersey

Gown alteration

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a good seamstress/tailor in central/north Jersey. I need my wedding gown altered and all my bridesmaids need their dresses altered as well. Any suggestions appreciated! I prefer Middlesex county but am willing to travel. Thanks!

Re: Gown alteration

• I'm using Fantasy Bridal in Hamilton (right next to Hamilton Square), and the ladies there are amazing, talented, and quick.  I didn't buy my dress there, but that seemed to be no problem for them (it helped that they do sell my designer.)  I've done my first two fittings so far and couldn't be happier.
    Anniversary
  • Highly recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth. I've used them for 4-5 weddings now that I've been in and they're always great and very affordable.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • I bought my dress at David's Bridal but was warned by previous brides to not let them alter my dress. I'm using Fantasy Bridal in Linden (St. Georges Avenue).
  • I am using Hollywood Bridal which is in Union County.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Silvia's Tailoring in Metuchen.   She is on the expensive side, but I have been going to her for many years and she always does a great job on the dresses that I bring her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks all for your suggestions, I'll check them out! 
  • Bridal Fantacy in Avenel
    Lucy is wonderful and very reasonable.
    Very small shop but she does great work.
  • edited March 2012
    So I went to the tailors mentioned above and it seems Fantasy Bridal (Lucy) would work out. But I'm just concerned about the pricing, is $250 reasonable for hem and taking in the dress from size 4 to 2? The dress is satin, and has lace overlay and minimal beading. Does any one have any other suggestions for alterations in the area? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards