Chit Chat

Excited

We leave for our delayed honeymoon in FOUR Days!  We are going to Puerto Rico for 10 days.  I am so friggin excited, I can hardly stand myself !!!

Re: Excited

• YAY!!! FI and I are looking to book ours now. Where exactly are you going in Puerto Rico? I am so jealous- we're expecting a blizzard here. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_excited-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:958356c1-a626-4e2f-b82b-85a523d2b8e7Post:8c2bafb5-eec4-4692-8998-6967baead867">Re: Excited</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY!!! FI and I are looking to book ours now. Where exactly are you going in Puerto Rico? I am so jealous- we're expecting a blizzard here. 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

We are flying into San Juan, and renting a car and driving to the other side of the island for the first 5 days. Staying at a little tiny cottage style hotel in Rincon. Then driving back to San Juan and staying at a small hotel in San Juan for the next 5 days.   We really didn't want to stay at big resort style places.  We found some awesome deals at locally owned small hotels (less than 10 rooms). 

The first place we are staying has a community barbecue on their deck so you can go to the grocery store and grill dinner if you want! 
  • I am jealous!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That sounds incredible! Just curious, would you reccomend waiting for your honeymoon? Some people I've heard were so tired after their wedding that it wasn't fun to travel and they spent half their honeymoon wiped out. We're getting married (officially, as of today!) 10.26.2013, so I'm thinking of maybe waiting until Thanksgiving week (I also wouldn't have to take off an extra week). 
  • Not to thread jack, but we waited 2 weeks for our honeymoon and I really liked it.

we were able to relax right after and then really relaxed and enjoyed each other on the trip
  • Have a great time. PR was one of our stops on our HM.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Jealous! Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Right after the wedding, I was feeling really bummed that we didn't go anywhere. But I also wasn't sure if we were going to be able to afford to go anywhere, so that uncertainty didn't help. Looking back, I'm glad we waited. After coming down from the "wedding high", it gave me something to plan and look forward to. And yes, we were crazy exhausted after the wedding. I just wanted to be at home.
  • Have a wonderful time!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_excited-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:958356c1-a626-4e2f-b82b-85a523d2b8e7Post:6fa3380b-cca9-4bac-8a74-804d461b2d58">Re: Excited</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds incredible! Just curious, would you reccomend waiting for your honeymoon? Some people I've heard were so tired after their wedding that it wasn't fun to travel and they spent half their honeymoon wiped out. We're getting married (officially, as of today!) 10.26.2013, so I'm thinking of maybe waiting until Thanksgiving week (I also wouldn't have to take off an extra week). 

<div>My first husband and I waited a week to leave for our honeymoon (cruise). It was just the way it worked out, but it really was perfect. I loved having that week in between. Definitely something to consider.</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_excited-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:958356c1-a626-4e2f-b82b-85a523d2b8e7Post:6fa3380b-cca9-4bac-8a74-804d461b2d58">Re: Excited</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds incredible! Just curious, would you reccomend waiting for your honeymoon? Some people I've heard were so tired after their wedding that it wasn't fun to travel and they spent half their honeymoon wiped out. We're getting married (officially, as of today!) 10.26.2013, so I'm thinking of maybe waiting until Thanksgiving week (I also wouldn't have to take off an extra week). 
    We're getting married on 10/19/13 and won't be going on our honeymoon until February or March of 2014, heh.

• Have an awesome time!  We're going to Puerto Rico in February so I'll look forward to hearing about your trip.  Are you guys planning on going to the waterfalls/rainforest?
  • That sounds amazing. Have a great time!
  • Oooo I'm jealous...I loved PR.  My FI actually proposed in the middle of the Bio Bay by Vieques Island, PR...we'd love to go back soon.  Have fun!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have a wonderful time!  DH and I never took a honeymoon - we seriously need to plan one.  It has only been 16 years, I really think it is time.
  • I'm excited FOR you. Have an awesome time and share some pics with us when you come back.
  • thanks everyone.  We plan on doing a whole lot of nothing. We are going to take a day to visit the rainforest and hike up and around there, and another day to cruise around old San Juan and do some shopping, goofing off.  But, mostly, we plan on sitting on the beach, or sitting on our balcony and watching the ocean and doing nothing.

Neither one of us are very good at relaxing, so we are going to try to force some relaxation.  :)
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    San Juan/PR is amazing! You'll have a great time!

For who ever asked about delaying the HM...we waited 10 days and I was really glad we did. It gave us a little time to decompress and take our time packing.
    June 16, 2012
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_excited-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:958356c1-a626-4e2f-b82b-85a523d2b8e7Post:6fa3380b-cca9-4bac-8a74-804d461b2d58">Re: Excited</a>:

We originally had a week between wedding and honeymoon....we wanted to relax and pack.  I wouldn't have planned it any other way...I couldn't imagine leaving the next day....I was exhausted the day after our wedding.  In the end, Hurricane Sandy ended up delaying our wedding so we went on our honeymoon first!
  • You will love it there. Its beautiful. That was one of our honeymoon destinations on our cruise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards