Washington-Seattle
Options

BM Drama

I don't know if you all read my rant & rave today but I am having BM/Bachelorette Party Drama. I never should have tried to help plan my own party. I couldn't help myself; I'm just too controlling, I guess.

Anyway, I've got a couple BMs and other girls who are chipping in for the hotel we are getting that night. Others invited, espcially another BM, are trying to snake their way out of paying anything and enjoy what everyone else paid for, leaving a larger bill for the rest of us.

That aside, I just saw on Facebook that a certain "broke" BM RSVP'd yes to a friend's birthday party that same night at the same time as my party. Pretty pissed off about it. I know she's going cause it will be cheaper to get drunk and have fun that at my party. Now I am really hoping that she doesn't show up to my party at all. She's been drama this whole time. Ugh.....Rant over. Thanks.
For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

Re: BM Drama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry.  Honestly, if you're up for it, I think it's time to have a chat with at least that one BM about whether or not she can really be a BM.  Yeah, she's got the dress, yada, yada, yada, but seriously.  Sorry, but that kind of crap pisses me off. *hugs*
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i agree!  seriously baling on your Bach party for someones bday party ?  who cares if its cheaper to get drunk, its your bach party. once in a lifetime event, she's a BM she should be there.  I'm sorry that you have to deal with drama!  :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should ask her about it, like pp said.  I would just say not to start off the conversation with "I know you're picking her party bc it's cheaper" etc and go in accusing her of things.  Just ask her what's up, whether she realized it was the same day - if you can try to 'assume innocent until proven guilty', things might work out better.  Get out all the emotions here so you can talk to her calmly :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls! Ugh, I really do need to talk to her. I'm more pissed off of the fact that my other BMs are going to have to pay more just because others don't want to put in their share. It's totally not fair. I am definitely going to put in money even though they told me not to.

As for the bday party. She definitely knows it's the same day. My party is this coming Friday and we've been talking about it non stop for the past week trying to get people to speak up about contributing. "Broke" BM especially.

Again, thank you! I'll let you know what happens when I speak to her.
    For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

• Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_bm-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:c5afa958-29a9-4b5c-855c-ab729d0f8261Post:c8662191-141a-489c-9c51-f9d254b2dfef">Re: BM Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]As for the bday party. She definitely knows it's the same day. My party is this coming Friday and we've been talking about it non stop for the past week trying to get people to speak up about contributing.
    Posted by dstolz0417[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know she knows.  You know she knows and heck, she probably knows that you know she knows.  I was just saying that might be an innocent way of finding out what's up :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *ahem* by innocent, you mean passive aggressive :)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    depends on the tone ;) 

I do actually mean that she should approach it with an open mind rather than begin the conversation with an accusation - even if everyone in the room knows the truth.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards