Ohio-Columbus

NEED WEDDING VENUE HELP!

Ok so I am literally driving myself insane with trying to decide where I want to have my wedding. I am planning on having my ceremony and reception at the same place, I am planning it for mid-September 2011 and I want an indoor and outdoor space that can accommodate about 150 people. I have been looking at Darby House, Pinnacle and Franklin Park Conservatory. I love each one but there is something about each that makes me leary of booking.  I need to make this decision ASAP b/c I am going to need therapy soon if I dont (just kidding...but seriously :)).  I wish I could take Pinnacle's ballroom with, FPC's Bridal Garden and Chihuly and put it on Darby Creek's landscaping.
Anyone know of a place that is like this? Or does anyone have a recommendation of which location is better. I am not looking at the Palm House at FPC...I am looking at the Veridian.

Thanks in advance for helping me keep my sanity!
Bear

Re: NEED WEDDING VENUE HELP!

• fallbride'10fallbride'10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Tall Timbers? They have an outdoor ceremony space which is very pretty and two reception rooms to choose from and although they may not be  "ballrooms" they're very pretty. The one we're using has a large stone fireplace. They're very reasonable priced, the food is delicious, and you can bring your own alcohol. So far they've been very easy to work with. I'd check them out! Here's their website! http://www.talltimbersonline.com/
    November 12, 2010 imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can look into Hickory Lakes out in Pickerington.  Click here for their website.  Here are a couple of pictures I took when I visited last fall:

You could also look into Smith Brothers downtown.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I visited The conference center at north point and I thought it was beautiful but I didn't want an outdoor ceremony.  They have beautiful ponds and a couple of reception rooms.  The pictures on the website don't do it justice you should take a tour. http://www.conferencecenteratnorthpointe.com/weddings/
  • edited December 2011
    we're booked for Grand Oaks Conference and event center in Grove City. It won't be open until August but they are taking reservations now and will let you walk through the unfinished building also. There will be a beautiful outdoor space for the ceremony and then a ballroom indoors, and a grand foyer indoors for cocktail hour. The woman who owns it is SO nice and you can pick your caterer. You do have to buy drinks from them. We have a lot of out of towner's coming in, so the location is great because it will be so easy to get to (right off of 71).
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Creekside in Gahanna?  I'm having mine at FPC but I LOVED Creekside, and it has lots of those options.  My problem was that it is quite pricey (even more than FPC) but if you aren't worried about budget its great!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Creekside. We had our ceremony at a church, but I know Creekside offers outdoor ceremony options (I know inside can accommodate more than 150, but not sure about outdoor space). Also, one whole side of the ballroom has huge windows that give a view of the plaza and the creek area. In springtime, the view was really beautiful! 
  • edited December 2011
    There is also Brookshire by Polaris that has an outdoor ceremony site with indoor receptions space.
  • edited December 2011

All of the additional suggestions are probably making this more difficult but FI and I really liked Scioto Reserve. We went there for a Bridal Show and the location is great, they have a nice outdoor area for the wedding and then the inside is very pretty.

If we weren't getting married in my hometown this is where we would have decided to have our reception.

• kco530kco530 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Another option could be The Venue or The Loft at Smith Brothers, although they might not have the pretty landscape you are looking for. They do have an outdoor courtyard for the ceremony and a great view of the Columbus skyline.

http://www.venueatsmithbrothers.com/

Some pics of the Loft:
    http://blog.emilieduncan.net/site-visit-the-loft-at-smith-brothers/

I took some personal pics on my phone when I toured. Let me know if you would like to see them. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Pinnacle. I love the space because it's all in one. You can have a beautiful outside ceremony along with the gorgeous ballroom. I too was torn between Pinnacle and FPC. I loved the gorgeous space of FPC, but in the end, it was too small for my reception of 200. I was disappointed, but found my beautiful formal space at Pinnacle. The venue is what you make it . Once you book "the venue", you will immediately start to imagine the potential that it is.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards