July 2012 Weddings
Options

PIP! AW! A Super Duper Late (and super duper long) Wedding Recap!

Hey girls! We just got back from our HM at the end of last week and then work has been kicking my ass so this has been my first chance for a recap! It's super long, so you get a cookie if you actually read the whole thing. 

The wedding day was absolutely amazing and I loved every second of it, but there were a few hiccups. I was so stressed the day of the rehearsal that I started crying in the nail salon. Which was fantastic. The ladies doing my nails were super nice and said they're used to people crying in their salon (doubt it). THEN there was crazy unexpected traffic and my mom, sister, and I were 40 minutes late to the rehearsal. Which probably would have been ok if there wasn't another wedding starting in an hour, so they rushed us out pretty quickly. But the RD was super fun and it was my H's cousin's birthday so we all had a party for him back in the hotel lobby until 11ish. 

The next morning started out rough. My H has a pretty bad anxiety disorder and it was through the roof that morning so we sat in the hall of the hotel and talked for like 20 minutes and he started doing better. Then I got a call that my MUA had a family emergency and couldn't make it so I was left to do my own after my hair was done. And actually I'm really happy that happened. I'm pretty good at make-up and IMO it looked better than it did at my trial, I got a lot of compliments on it too. As soon as my hair person got to our suite we popped a bottle of champagne and I felt awesome! All the stuff that wasn't perfect left my mind and I was just super excited to get married!  

We did a first-look and I loved it. It was one of my favorite moments from the day. I know it's not for everyone but it totally calmed our nerves and allowed us to take pictures by ourselves for like an hour which was perfect. Both of us cried when I walked down the aisle, but luckily not too much. We wrote our own vows and had agreed to a 2 minute limit on them but somehow my H completely ignored that and after like 5 minutes I did this 'wrap it up' motion with my hand and that got a good laugh out of everyone. 

The rest of the night was so amazing. The cocktail hour food was so so SO good (luckily a GM brought me some because even though we had a first look we took family pictures almost the ENTIRE cocktail hour. Everyone was raving about our wine choices (since we were at a winery and all) and the food. Our bartender poured some EXTREMELY weak drinks though, did this happen to anyone else? Dinner was great, I cried again during the toasts. After the dances, our DJ really made me nervous. It took him a few songs to get people dancing and during those songs I was freaking out thinking no one would dance the entire reception. Thankfully that was not the case at all and the dance floor was packed the rest of the night. My grandma (who never drinks) was SO tipsy and she was dancing to party rock harder than anyone else. It was insane.

Also, one of the GM who I had never met until a few days before the wedding (he lives in Zurich) is apparently a crazy good swing dancer so he requested a swing dance song so he could dance with me, and a few other GM cut in too. I LOVED it, definitely a highlight of the night. 

The reception went by way too fast but we had a great after party in the hotel lobby and my friend bought us all in-n-out which was perfect. My H and I went to bed around 2 and we did it and it was awesome! Married sex FTW! I've read about so many people being too tired, but we were more than up for it. 

The entire HM we both kept saying how absolutely amazing and perfect it was. I just want to do it all over again.

I still only have 8 pro pictures so here's a mix of pro and non pro!

my poor H hates his double chin in this one so don't look at him, lol

Non pro:

Wine Box my H made

Kiss! Excuse my side boob action.

my sister, me, my mom

Cornhole boards with our monogram that my H made (don't think I ever posted about this)

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PIP! AW! A Super Duper Late (and super duper long) Wedding Recap!

• Options
    I of course read your entire recap (mine was longer, I think, so I'm sorry for not apologizing for mine!) and loved every single second of it! And I love your photos! You guys look amazing and so happy. :) I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Our bartenders were the exact opposite. People were DRUNKITY DRUNK at our reception, even at the beginning. Totally cool by me, people said it was a great time! :) Maybe it was the case of Johnny Walker Black Label that was almost totally finished off by the end of the night. Pretty sure people were drinking that straight up.

And it's too funny you cried in your nail salon.I was such a jerk to mine. I yelled at them and told them to redo my pedicure because it SUCKED the first time they did it. I think your nail ladies probably liked you better than mine liked me :)

CONGRATULATIONS YOU BEAUTIFUL LADY
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Meagan!!! So glad you're back! And even happier you had such a wonderful time! I would have never guessed by your super cute FB picutre you posted morning of, that you did your own makeup. Looks completely professional and awesome.. good job! All your pictures are gorgeous congrats girl! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well B2B, I LOVE reading the long recaps I just felt like mine was EXTRA long for some reason. 

Thanks Nati! I actually had a really good make-up day (if that makes sense), everything just came together perfectly. 

• Options
    Beautiful wedding! I love the picture of you and your mom and sister!

(Just stalking from the July '13 boards!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards