Florida-South Florida

NWR but Woo Hoo

So for the past 5 1/2 years, I've been working as a pre-k (3 yr. old) teacher @ a day care in the area (day care but we work alongside the teachers at the board of education, so basically a regular teacher)...was convenient and helped me grow as a teacher and it's been soooo hard getting hired as a teacher for the board of education in any district.  Last year, my aide and I were chosen to be part of a special training for the district with other teachers/aides and this past Nov., my one trainer helped me get my resume to a supervisor and wound up getting an interview a few weeks afterwards...didn't hear anything until Feb., then got offered the position as a pre-k prep teacher!  HR was superrr sloww and took a month to finally clear me medically b/c they were too lazy to search for what was missing and TODAY I got my start date. I'm starting on the 16th (the day we come back from spring break) and gave my resignation letter and 2 wks. notice after work today.  My boss looked like he was going to have a heart attack when I told him.  lol  but anyways -- Yayyy!  I'm excited but nervous...sorry for the ramble, but I had to share :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!

Re: NWR but Woo Hoo

• That is really great, congratulations!!
  • Congrats thats awesome!

• Congrats girl!! So excited for you!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Congratulations!!!!! It takes a special person to WANT to work with such young children! It's not always easy, but is so rewarding (a least in my opinion) lol...God bless!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!! I was VPK director at my center for a year before I got hired with the county and there are days I wish I had stayed. I know it's a long process, you must feel so relieved and accomplished!! What school?
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Thanks so much ladies!

Eryn-  You're right...it can be a tough age, but it's rewarding in the end :-)  Ideally, I'd LOVE to be with 2nd grade (had 'em and loved the age when I did my student teaching), but this is great until that opportunity arises.  I like them while they're still innocent ;-)

STB- what's your position now?  I'm up in Jersey and the position is with Jersey City public schools (it's an urban city in northern NJ).  The day care I've been at is in the same district. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • That is great News!!! I am so happy for you congrats on the new job!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • In Response to Re:NWR but Woo Hoo:[QUOTE]Thanks so much ladies!Erynnbsp; You're right...it can be a tough age, but it's rewarding in the end :nbsp; Ideally, I'd LOVE to be with 2nd grade had 'em and loved the age when I did my student teaching, but this is great until that opportunity arises.nbsp; I like them while they're still innocent ;STB what's your position now?nbsp; I'm up in Jersey and the position is with Jersey City public schools it's an urban city in northern NJ.nbsp; The day care I've been at is in the same district.nbsp; Posted by DorkyGirl17[/QUOTE]

Lol well I work with a new magnet school here in SoFla, I do magnet recruitment and teach Drama World History separately, not in the same class lol to 9th and 10th graders. So the complete opposite. I love older kids but sometimes I miss the little ones. Is the situation for teachers good in Jersey? Here in Florida it's a nightmare
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards