August 2013 Weddings
Options

Valentine's Day

It's our last Valentine's day as an engaged/unmarried couple! Do you have any special plans?

My FI has class on Thursday night so he won't be home until about 9:30pm. He usually fixes himself something to eat before class so I'm going to bake some red velvet gooey butter cookies for him to enjoy when he gets home.I also got him a card and picked up a tin Star Wars box with chocolates from Target, I figure he can use the box to store pens and pencils in his desk.

We usually keep it simple, one year we went on a very expensive dinner date and decided, although the food was great, we'd rather keep it simple going forward.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Valentine's Day

• Options
    Those cookies sound delicious, sounds like a lovely gift!!

I actually love really simple chill Valentines days as well :) Its been a while since we've been out to a nice dinner though so we made reservations at this cute little italian place by us that we havent been to in forever. I'm really looking forward to it! I did buy him cufflinks as a gift for him to wear on our wedding day, hopefully he likes them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We've never really done presents or anything special (he sometimes gets me flowers) but this year with student loan payments (and him trying to pay off my e-ring as fast as possible) we said flat out that we aren't doing anything. I'm looking into attempting to make crab or lobster, though, just for fun!
  • Options
    We are taking each other to a concert in LA, and staying at a hotel nearby so we can have drinks and such. The concert just happened to fall on V-day, but it worked out well!
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Options
    We've really never done anything for Valentine's Day. With our anniversary Feb. 4th and my birthday on the 16th, that's just too much stuff for a two week span! I don't think we'll even see each other on V-Day, except for when I leave his house in the AM before work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    Ah so crazy! We're going out to dinner and I usually make a dessert for him. I'd love that gooey red velvet cookie recipe! (if you don't mind sharing moniqueabrahams)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as OP's FI. I have class and won't be home until late. That's ok though, we are trying to save money for the wedding so it's for the best. Hope those of you doing something special enjoy it!
  • Options
    We aren't doing any special either...trying to save up as much as possible for the honeymoon so no big fancy dinner for us. I got FI a card and we're going to cook a nice steak meal together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI works Thursdays until 10, so I won't see him on Valentines Day.  I am sending him chocolates in the mail though, and Saturday I'm planning to take him to the microbrewery/restaurant where we had our first date.  We don't really do anything too over the top.
  • Options
    This is where I found the Red Velvet Gooey Butter cookie recipe: http://tidymom.net/2013/red-velvet-gooey-butter-cookies/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MY FH is in NYC for his job. BOO!!  But we aren't a big V-Day couple to begin with.  So no plans for the actual day.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    My FI and I went to breakfast at our favorite place together. We also like to keep it simple. We're not big on Valentines day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_valentines-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:a434dcec-2c0f-44a2-869e-5338b91e2081Post:a9bb2c9c-a53b-436f-b989-448952b95673">Re: Valentine's Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I went to breakfast at our favorite place together. We also like to keep it simple. We're not big on Valentines day.
    Posted by Ashelton09[/QUOTE]

Going out to breakfast is a good idea! That way you can skip all the crowded restaurant craziness tonight
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_valentines-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:a434dcec-2c0f-44a2-869e-5338b91e2081Post:3b8ddaf4-916f-45d6-b9df-66270a433e3a">Re: Valentine's Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Valentine's Day : Going out to breakfast is a good idea! That way you can skip all the crowded restaurant craziness tonight
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Our thoughts exactly!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards