Honeymoon Discussions

MAUI honeymoon... NEED help with places

My fiance and I recently decided to do Maui for our honeymoon. We have never been there and need recommendations for activities to do while we are there and places to eat. :)

Officially married! :)

Re: MAUI honeymoon... NEED help with places

• Alot of girls on here recommend that you get the book Maui Revealed.  I had not heard of it before we went, but evidently it's very helpful.

You can view my honeymoon recap in my married bio.  We did all the typical things:  road to Hana, Haleakala, luau, sunset dinner cruise, beach, etc.  We didn't do any water sports however so I can't help with those.

Alot of girls also recommend Mama's Fish House--which I also didn't know about!  Also TripAdvisor can be helpful for places around the hotel you're staying in.

• We'll be in Maui in July for our honeymoon and not that I'll be much help but we were told the Old Lahaina Luau is best - haha that's as far as we've gotten for activity planning!

We're staying in Hana for a few nights so we're doign the Road to Hana obviously. We like the Lonely Planet Maui book but are going to borrow a friend's Maui Revealed although I wasn't really impressed w/ it when I browsed through it at the store...

I hope your honeymoon is sooner than ours!! Cold January is making me want July to come quickly :)
  • We stayed at the Hyatt there (beautiful!).  Activity-wise we did the Road to Hana, the Haleakela Sunrise Tour, The Old Lahaina Luau.  We ate a Mama's Fish House which was excellent.  Also, eat at Roy's.  We ate there on the Big Island and Kauai and LOVED IT.  I was so excited when I found out there was one in NYC, but then was disappointed when we heard it closed.  It was defniitely one of our favorite restaurants in Hawaii.

All this talk makes me want to go back :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2010

We loved Sansei and ate there twice.  For us, it was no more expensive than what we pay for sushi in Dallas. 

I want to go back--every.single.day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards