Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

The Brookside Club

Anyone having, had, or ever been to a wedding here? I'd love to hear more about the venue and see pictures if anyone has links!

Re: The Brookside Club

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kikijbird just had her wedding there in April - check out her vendor review a few posts down
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next weekend - would be able to give more info in July, but I typically hear positive reviews!
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jenni, we had a great time at Brookside (and we lucked out with a gorgeous day).  I don't have my married bio up yet, but our photographer put together a "best of" slideshow, and the second half of it shows the reception.  Here's the link (click here).  Under the bottom right hand corner of the slideshow's "box" there are four little icons.  The second one from the right will take you to the Browse Gallery View.  Pics from the reception are slides 46 and up.

If you have any questions, shoot me an email at kikijbird at gmail dot com, or send me a private message here on the Knot (but page me here first since I sometimes forget to check).  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    amanda20212amanda20212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ive been there before but not for a wedding, it was for a work party and it was great. the seating arrangement was a lil funny n a lil cramped but the food was a buffet style n that was great. but as for the grounds it's RIGHT next to a dump, I live on Cape and when we travel around there it can smell horrid! some days are worst then others n some hours are better then others. it wasn't a deal breaker really for us but we wanted a lil closer to Falmouth for drinking reasons n didn't want to have anyone trying to find a hotel or drive back to Falmouth after drinking. But it is has beautiful grounds.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Amanda, that dump IS pretty stinky!  But while I have definitely smelled the dump sometimes while driving north on 28 in that area, I've never noticed the smell while at Brookside, and didn't at my or my mother's wedding.  The dump is on the opposite (north) side of Rte 28 from Brookside (Brookside is on Rte 28 South adjacent to a campground on one side and a Toyota dealership on the other).   Maybe there are enough natural barriers between the two that the smell doesn't get that far?  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at The Brookside May 14 2011!! We fell in love with it, we are so excited.

kikibird, Thank You for sharing your pictures!!!
  • Options
    bpcmarjbpcmarj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On bad days, the smell can definitely reach to the Brookside.  I used to live in an apartment almost under the Bourne Bridge, by the rotary, and there where days when it's all I could smell in my house.  This was last summer though, and I will say that I used to smell it consistently in years past, it doesn't seem so bad this year.  I know that people in town really started complaining so that something would be done about it.  Hopefully, it will be a non-issue for that area in the future!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards