Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Wedding dress - anyone purchased online?

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and finding it so informative! I was wondering if anyone could advise if they've purchased their wedding dress online? If so, what was your experience like?

I am getting married in Mexico next February so just started looking at dresses. I have found a few that I have liked but so very expensive!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jenni 

Re: Wedding dress - anyone purchased online?

• Options
    Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! Where did you purchase it?

I have and definitely will research more.....

Thanks again for your post!

Jenni
  • Options

The oncewed.com website is great! I have found quite a few dresses for a fraction of the price! Thank you so much for recommending it!

• Options
    i didnt, but i would only order online if it was a for sure reputable site.  too many women get riped off by ordering something that ended up coming from china, looking nothing like the gown in the picture, because it is a replica of a designer gown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes - I narrowed down favorite designers and ebay'd until I found my dress at the perfect price.  Ended up purchasing a new Carmen Marc Valvo dress for $200...was totally elated when my seamstress told me the fabric was worth more than what I paid for the dress.  Fistpump in the fitting room.  There were some close seconds at Nordstrom Rack - if you like their wedding dresses visit Rack 4-6 weeks later and you'll find them there.  The tricky part is getting to the dresses before grimey kids, shoppers w coffee in hand, etc. 
    Pronovias was my fave and first choice...green w envy @nycfoodiebride!  Great deal and would love to see pix!
  • Options

I didn't even have a dream dress fantasy, besides knowing I would like lace and preferred a sweetheart neckline, the I saw this one oncewed and fell in love :)  I'm wearing some intense 5 inch heels, but besides that no alterations needed either!
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!
  • Options
    I bought my dress on ebay... actually I bought 2 dresses on ebay and had a great experience with both purchases. The 1st dress was a sample I purchased for $130. It was lovely, in great condition, and still had the $1100 price tag attached.Although I liked the dress a lot, I ended up postponing my wedding and kept thinking about a dress I had tried on at a bridal store, but couldn't afford at the time. By chance, I checked ebay and found the dress (new) for less than half the original price in my size. The dress arrived in perfect condition and I'm wearing it on my wedding day. I plan on selling the 1st dress.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards