Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Final Meeting with DJ

My final meeting with my DJ is tomorrow (getting married in 2 weeks!!) 
What is the norm for the outline of the reception... cake cutting, speeches?
When we get introduced we are going right into our dance, then eating dinner.. but after that i am not sure what should go next. Every site i search says something different.
I have my song choices picked out-- but what are your choices for the garter/ bouquet toss?

Re: Final Meeting with DJ

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_final-meeting-with-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:ffd51a60-5b6f-4ac8-b90e-ab0a3d5a6329Post:6668c677-b8e5-4986-90b6-5071ab7a281e">Final Meeting with DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]My final meeting with my DJ is tomorrow (getting married in 2 weeks!!)  What is the norm for the outline of the reception... cake cutting, speeches? When we get introduced we are going right into our dance, then eating dinner.. but after that i am not sure what should go next. Every site i search says something different. I have my song choices picked out-- but what are your choices for the garter/ bouquet toss?
    Posted by markandsamp[/QUOTE]

I would talk to your DJ about the order of events. Ours had a suggested itinerary but let us do what we wanted. We did ours different than yours in that we did not have the first dance right away, but I can give you a brief rundown of ours if you want:

WP/bride and groom entrance
    salads served
    The toasts
    dinner served
    Cake cutting
    First dance/parent dances
    Dance floor open for about an hour, then the tosses/cake served

For your next question, these were our toss songs:

Bouquet toss: "I Know What Boys Like" by the Waitresses
    Garter retrieval: "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen (I'm a teacher)
    Garter toss (H's choice): "Sexy Back" by JT

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards