Iowa-Quad Cities

My videographer just backed out on me and I need another one ASAP!

I really need help.. My wedding is on the 27th of October and I need a videographer :( I'm on a budget so I can't pay an arm and a leg for that.. I am literally in full panic mode now!

Re: My videographer just backed out on me and I need another one ASAP!

• My advice would be to buy a camcorder (you can find them for as low as $30) and ask a friend who is already invited or someone who is not invited and offer them some cash to record it for you. This is what I plan on doing, although the camcorder I'm buying is a bit more expensive. I figure it's not really hard to record a wedding, so I don't need to pay an arm and a leg to have someone do it!

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Who was your videographer?  And what is your budget.  There are a few around here, some definitely cost more than others.... GCH Video, Tom's Videography, Ruby Media, Charletography....
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_my-videographer-just-backed-out-on-me-and-i-need-another-one-asap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:93Discussion:4b735aa8-aea2-4ef9-91b6-bbcd4507c816Post:5715bb39-9be9-4285-b6fc-7bf64f562294">Re: My videographer just backed out on me and I need another one ASAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My advice would be to buy a camcorder (you can find them for as low as $30) and ask a friend who is already invited or someone who is not invited and offer them some cash to record it for you. This is what I plan on doing, although the camcorder I'm buying is a bit more expensive. I figure it's not really hard to record a wedding, so I don't need to pay an arm and a leg to have someone do it!
    Posted by lcatterton[/QUOTE]

I will probably just use my own camera as well to record the ceremony as budget prevents me from hiring a professional -  but two things to keep in mind, if your ceremony will take place in a location with low lighting it takes a pretty good camera to be able to capture that.  I think you said you were getting married outside so that one probably be a problem for you!

The second thing is most basic camcorders don't do a very good job of picking up sound, especially from a distance and especially outside with the wind.  I'll be indoors with the pastor being mic'd but still don't know that I trust the camera so I am also doing a basic recorder with mic on the groom as well to make sure I capture the vows and pastor.  If anything, you can then edit the video and audio files or pay a professional to do that part. 

Definitely can do it yourself but just something to keep in mind. :-)

• Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna get too stressed over whether the quality of the recording is good. I have never watched anyone's wedding video and probably never will. The recording, in my opinion, is for the couple. We'll be mic'd outside, so it shouldn't be too terrible! I thought about getting a second camcorder and rigging it into my bouquet, I've read about people using skydiving cams to do this, but that might be a bit harder to find. Haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually kinda love that idea! :-)  They make those GoPro cameras that are tiny and can go anywhere.  A basic one is just over $100.   That's kind of a fun concept.  Ha maybe you are on to something!

• Really, only $100! Hmmm!! It'd be really cool to get one of those and then just a regular camcorder and edit between the two to make an amazing video! :) Just have to be creative! I'm going for it! Haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey girls,
    he was someone from Kansas city that one friend recommend. I have checked with all the ones listed above, I am still waiting to hear fro ruby media and Tom's videography.I amd broadcasting my wedding live with my camera(it ill be a OOT wedding) but I really wanted somthing more professionally done. :(
  • Did you ever find anyone - One I didnt mention earlier but would probably have the capabilities to professional broadcast your wedding is MI Studios - he's not cheap but he does do very upscale work for this area.

Hope its coming together!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards