Outdoor Weddings
Options

Passports?

My fiance and I are looking at going to Quebec City for our honeymoon, and we just found out that passports are necessary to travel to Canada. My wedding is a year away, when should we start applying to get our passports? And does anyone know what the requirements are to get one and how much they cost? 

Thanks!
The truth behind a well laced dress

Re: Passports?

• Options
    http://www.usps.com/passport/

These websites will give you everything you need to know about how to obtain a passport.  Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you!
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    DH and I just applied for passports two weeks ago for our honeymoon cruise next March.  The cost at the Post Office was $135 (cash or personal check only) and we were told they would arrive in six to eight weeks.

HTH!
  • Options
    If you don't plan on flying, you can get a passport card.  They're cheaper, but they only apply to land or boat travel.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Just make sure to book your tickets in the name matching your passport.
  • Options
    The process is painless. I already had my passport but my FI had to apply for his. He received his passport in 4 weeks. What I also found out was that if you change your name once you are married there is another application for you to fill out to have your name changed and you wont have to pay the full fee twice. I think it was around $15 but you have to do it within 1 year of being married.
  • Options
    It usually only takes 6-8 weeks.  However, I am waiting to apply for mine probably till the new year, because my wedding will likely be in November 2011.  You can get your name changed for free if your passport is less than a year old.  Just remember, you will have your maiden name on your passport, so you need to book your tickets with your maiden name as well, then get your name changed after the HM.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Start now ... not that it will take a TON of time, but it's better to have this done early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards