Pennsylvania-Central

Re: none

• mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, you should never ask people to give money. You could have your BP and parents kind of spread the word that you don't need much in the way of housewares if any guest were to approach the topic. 

Do you any of your housewares need upgrading? Better sheets? Better pot and pans? 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can register for a honeymoon fund, where guests go online and buy you like a candle lit dinner or a spa package etc. There's a website called honeymoonfund.com (and I'm sure there's others similar).   I'm thinking of doing that, too, since my FI and I are already living together.
  • edited December 2011
    If you truly have everything you need, you could always ask that guests donate to your favorite charities -- or theirs in your name. I've considered that, but I think the fiance really wants the registry experience -- even though all we can come up with that we need is a four-slice toaster!
  • her982her982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have too much clutter/junk, register for some shelves or storage containers at Target, and be sure to mark that guests can give you gift cards (then you can use the gift cards to buy things like paper towels and TP, stuff you actually need).

You can also register for pet toys, video games, candles, calendars, etc, doesn't have to be boring pots and pans. 
  • mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Re: the donations: I'm going to play etiquette police again, but really any mention or assumption of gift-giving is considered tacky. Even to say "no gifts" still implies gift giving WILL occur.  

For a more unethical way to avoid getting 40 blenders, register at BBB. They have an awesome return policy. (Yes, I've traded the tacky for the unethical. Flame on.) 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • edited December 2011
    we each had a lot of stuff when we moved in together as well. we traded out some of our outdated appliances to get new. we also got new towels, bathroom, kitchen and hallway rugs, curtains, sheets, and shower curtains. you can ALWAYS use those.

we also registered for some wall decor (kohls), a wine cabinet, and a paper shredder. i've also seen people register for digital cameras for their honeymoon. 

if you register somewhere like target, you can always register for things other than just kitchen items, but be careful their return policy is tricky.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    andplusalso...if you dont register youre going to get a lot of tacky stuff that you just dont want or cant use. i know that sounds mean, but believe me thats what will happen.

youll probably get some of that regardless, but a registery with some gift ideas will minimize the unwanted gifts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards