Ohio-Cincinnati

Finding a Church

HELPPP!!! Can anyone tell me any churches that are in the Mason, West Chester, or Fairfield area that will marry non memebers and not be crazy on price????? My fiances family are members of Princeton Pike Church of God and wanted to charge us almost $1,000 as a member!!! I refuse to pay that.  Please help!!!

Re: Finding a Church

• I am not positive, but I am pretty sure Fairfield Baptist Church would. My Dad was married there without being a member, but my brother is a member. They do have two aisles instead of a center aisle though. Also try Rolling Hills Baptist in Fairfield. They may want to do counseling first though.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Is there a reason you're not interested in becoming a member of the church you're planning to get married in?
    Anniversary
  • I am a memeber of a church however they have a play going on the day of my wedding, and my fiance chuch wants to charge over $1,000 as a member.  Im not paying that because to me it seems the church is all about the money... churches are supposed to be a non profit orginazation...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_finding-a-church?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:aa5a7a15-83f2-4ba5-99c4-dd5cc6768ad4Post:2c4ff7ae-5fc6-4235-8c0a-b02e3f9d65dd">Finding a Church</a>:
    [QUOTE]HELPPP!!! Can anyone tell me any churches that are in the Mason, West Chester, or Fairfield area that will marry non memebers and not be crazy on price????? My fiances family are members of Princeton Pike Church of God and wanted to charge us almost $1,000 as a member!!! I refuse to pay that.  Please help!!!
    Posted by BTB08[/QUOTE]

How about St. Clare?  There are also some chapels in the Glendale area, close to Fairfield; google the Glendale New Church.  Good luck!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_finding-a-church?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:aa5a7a15-83f2-4ba5-99c4-dd5cc6768ad4Post:4421c73c-cd25-429c-873c-1ec446369618">Re: Finding a Church</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a memeber of a church however they have a play going on the day of my wedding, and my fiance chuch wants to charge over $1,000 as a member.  Im not paying that because to me it seems the church is all about the money... churches are supposed to be a non profit orginazation...
    Posted by BTB08[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Churches are non-profit, but to have a wedding, you have to consider the cost for everything that goes into having your Big Day there: a church coordinator, marriage counseling, the utilities bill, priest/pastor's time, clean up, and all of that.  I don't think it's unreasonable.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't want to argue what exact amount consitutes as "reasonable," that's not my point; but I think we (we = general) need to get away from the expectation that churches should get very little and reception halls get a lot.</div><div>
    </div><div>P.S. Sorry for the rant, but I work (unpaid) for my church and see how much goes into an event there.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards