Favors

Too Many Sweets?

Hi everyone!

We are having a pastry table at our reception............it was recommended to me that we have boxes out for our guests as favors, to be able to take some treats home, and we are planning on doing this, however, my fiancee' is from Scotland, and his mother was planning on making some Scottish shortbread for the reception. Our reception does not allow outside food, so we were thinking about packaging it in some cute way and sending it home.

Is this too many sweets?

What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too Many Sweets?

• edited September 2012
    You can never have too many sweets! I don't think it's too much, and it would be a nice touch to give them a cute wrapped package of something homemade to take with them.

If you think it's too much though, maybe you can send them out with the thank you's? I have no idea how much work or money it would be to send a bunch of shortbread in the mail in individual packages. If it's reasonable though I think your guests would be pleasantly surprised to get something besides just a thank you card. And by that time they'll probably have finished off all the pastries they took home from the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think it's too much, and I love the thought of genuine Scottish shortbread!  Would your venue let you put the packages at each place setting?
  • Yes. We are either going to do that, or have them set up in decorated baskets at the exit for guests to take one as they leave.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Never too many sweets! Just make sure there's packaging for everything- shortbreads wrapped individually and boxes/take out containers for pastry table. Maybe get a cute rubber "thank you" stamp to put on the wrapping?
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards