California-Bay Area
Options

Looking for a DJ!

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for DJs for a Pleasanton/Livermore wedding.  We will have about 150 guests of all ages.  I'm looking for someone professional, who will play a variety of music but generally keep in pretty modern with some oldies, who is a good emcee, and who can feel out the engergy of the crowd and keep it up, and who is also able to make decisions about what to play without needing an entire song list.  Basically what anyone would be looking for!

Based on previous posts I've read, I've seen recommendations for Verducci Entertainment and Sound in Motion.  Any experience with either of these?  Any other recommendations based on positive or negative experiences? 

I'm sure lots of people post looking for recommendations but I'd appreciate anyone taking them time to let me know!  Thanks everyone! :)

Re: Looking for a DJ!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Quantum Music with Kit and Jason Shires. I cannot speak highly enough of them. They are very professional, have an amazing understanding of music and timing and they can read the crowd really well to keep everyone on the dancefloor.
    I also really appreciated that they really worked with all of the vendors to keep the timing of the reception on track and stay on schedule.
    Love them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Fantasy Sounds for my wedding next month.  They have been great to work with so far.  They did my sister's wedding a few years ago and were wonderful.  One thing I liked about them is them is that have they open houses about 1x per month so you can go meet the DJs.  We picked Nick and he was experienced and had a personality that worked for the vibe we wanted.  He is not afraid to get on the mic to do what he needs to do but is not going to go overboard with it.  Just enough to keep the party flowing.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Turner at Elite Entertainment in South Bay.  He was absolutely flawless and handled a very mixed group of 350 at our event.  He stepped in to help us in so many ways -- for example if we wanted to move something like cake cutting earlier, he would run around and communicate to the hotel staff for us, etc.

Honestly, you will not be disappointed with Turner!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used 21st century sounds. Brian was amazing (he is also the owner) We went in there only knowing a couple songs that we wanted, he helped us pick out the rest. He provided 2 sound systems. One for our ceremony and then one for the reception. He is located in Alamo, but he came to Livermore for out wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I booked Eastwood Entertainment. I liked their online planning tools and the price was right.

http://www.eastwoodentertainment.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used portable party
    Jerry is the owner and he does all the events himself and he helped us allthroughout the process. I highly recommend him. Plus, if you book early enough he gives a discount.
    We had a lot of wierd song choices from a lot of different genres and he made them mix perfectly!
    portablepartydj.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa G21 would love to hear more about your experience with jerry as we are seriously considering him.  Was he an MC?  Did he keep the party moving?
  • Options
    juicygirl16juicygirl16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks, guys!  I just got around to checking this today.  Thanks for all your suggestions! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards