Chit Chat

Chef Masters Promotion Vacation Giveaway, Scam??

Has anyone been contacted by Chef Masters USA?  They claim a 3 day 2 night vacation if I attend a products seminar.  I can sit through an hour of demonstrations for a free vacation but don't want to get scammed.  I feel like its "too good to be true".  

Re: Chef Masters Promotion Vacation Giveaway, Scam??

• We have htis in Canada too. It's pretty much a scam.
    Anniversary
  • It's essentially a scam. If they do give you the "Grand Prize" - it's ususally a 2 night stay in a some bedbug invested motel. :P
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_chef-masters-promotion-vacation-giveaway-scam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:de128921-386c-411a-a2de-572c351c4acfPost:02424d29-863a-4bb6-a1e4-ed37ac2996dd">Re: Chef Masters Promotion Vacation Giveaway, Scam??</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's essentially a scam. If they do give you the "Grand Prize" - it's ususally a 2 night stay in a some bedbug invested motel. :P
    Posted by MelissaAnne88[/QUOTE]

Bedbugts are the prize that keeps on giving.
    Anniversary
  • wow,  I came on here to check things out before I go to the demonstration.  For the record, the rep on the phone DID tell me we would have to pay airfare, so its no surprise.  But she did say they pay for lodging and meals at the resort of choice.  Honestly, every little bit helps and whether we choose the rings or the vacation, either is appreciated if it's $5, $25, $100, or free!  If anything, my fiance and I get an interesting date night out of it and a nicely 'discounted' opportunity for something we would have to pay more than $100 for either way.  Stay aware but not closed minded.   
  • edited January 2012
    I just went to a show last night, they are legit. They are completely upfront about all additional costs and even if you don't purchase their cookware, you keep your vacation and other prizes. I asked about black out dates and the only restrictions are holidays. Weekends ARE included. They don't advertise a 'FREE' vacation, they say you won a 2 night 3 day stay at an all-inclusive resort. Paying for airfare, taxes (which you have to pay on anything you win over x-amount of money i.e. lottery) and any motorized sports like jet skis etc. due to liability. You have to place a $100 REFUNDABLE deposit (which they pointed out to us) to hold your place at the resort which can be used towards the taxes which are $39/night depending on where you stay. My fiance and I were skeptical but figured why not at least check it out before we throw it away and it is legit, and it is NOT through other people. They had an actual booth at the bridal expo that I signed up for so they do not share your information. They ask for no credit card information or personal information for your gifts. We're pretty excited about it, you can use it for your honeymoon or just a weekend getaway, no one says you have to use it for your honeymoon.
  • Its a scam and I'm ashamed to say we fell for it. You go and sit thru a presentation about various products but their focus was on pots and pans. You know they saying if its too good to be true then you walk away well we should have. In order to be qualify for the free perks you have to buy their 4k pots. Which supposedly is made out of different metals that cook anything in 15m. They show you that specially when cooking vegetables this pot because of evenly distributing heat throughout cook the veggies with minimal water. Needless to say we bought a set, receive the vacation coupons but the pots are useless. Its torture to clean them. Food get stuck and leave burnt marks. Overall a nightmare! Not worth even 2 dollars. If you're like us and looking for an alternative to nonstick don't be fool. I seldom use them.
  • Not a scam.  I went and had a great time.  The gifts are real and I didn't have to buy anything to get them.  totally woth it!
  • Not a scam.  I went and had a great time.  The gifts are real and I didn't have to buy anything to get them.  totally woth it!
  • Is Anyone going to the one at the Hyatt hotel in Nashville, Tn on Saturday?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_chef-masters-promotion-vacation-giveaway-scam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:de128921-386c-411a-a2de-572c351c4acfPost:c52ec08f-a204-4772-b76e-aa11cf487ba8">Re: Chef Masters Promotion Vacation Giveaway, Scam??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where did you go to the show in Virginia?
    Posted by scham010[/QUOTE]

I went to the one in Norfolk at the Holiday Inn on military, did you go to on in VA too?
  • I just got invited to one in Frederick, MD at the Hampton INN.. I am skeptical.... 
  • Hello I just got called by Chef Master USA. Same thing, free trip, we pay our airfare we have to attend a cooking show tonight. Can u update me please???? The trip is to Mexico, Costa Rica and Dominican Republic within the next 2 years. We "won" by attending a bridal show. I did sign up to David's bridal and the Bridal Premier show grand prize which all attendees did. According to them we don't have to buy anything from them or summit credit card info which makes me believe it's not a scam. Did u end up going to the cooking show meeting??
  • Hello I just got called by Chef Master USA. Same thing, free trip, we pay our airfare we have to attend a cooking show tonight. Can u update me please???? The trip is to Mexico, Costa Rica and Dominican Republic within the next 2 years. We "won" by attending a bridal show. I did sign up to David's bridal and the Bridal Premier show grand prize which all attendees did. According to them we don't have to buy anything from them or summit credit card info which makes me believe it's not a scam. Did u end up going to the cooking show meeting??
  • Has anyone actually GONE on this vacation?  I would hate to travel somewhere just to find out it was not legit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_chef-masters-promotion-vacation-giveaway-scam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:de128921-386c-411a-a2de-572c351c4acfPost:390039f1-9af5-45e9-9c84-25a258f72a81">Re: Chef Masters Promotion Vacation Giveaway, Scam??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got the call tonight.  The woman on the phone was very honest about the fact tht airfare was not included in the gifts.  She did not ask for any information other than my first name and my fiances first name.  We are planning on going this Friday, I heard it's about an hour.  The way we look at it, even if you have to pay the airfare it's saving money.  We won't buy anything and if that means no gifts, than no gifts.  I'll let you know tomorrow :)  
    Posted by scham010[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>what ended up happening? i just got a call for this to go this week.</div>
  • Update: my fiance and I did go to this cooking show. It was basically very funny. Free comedian lol. No free food wahhh... I think it may not be a scam but they do brain wash u into buying their very expensive pots. Their way to convince people is very professional. Don't have the money now? Get it on payments. Want to be healthy? Cook at home. etc.... They really did offer a great product I won't invest in someday it's just too expensive for me even if I was rich. I am a college student and have been conditioned to spend money wisely. Anywho my fianc and I told them we won't buy your product or get into their payment plan because my finance's grandmother is already planing on gifting us a princess house set another expensive pot wear for our wedding. Ofcourse we lied but we did get out with the free trip!!! Yeh us! This guy was very nice and polite. As for the trip we do believe it's real. There's meetings like this that I kno of except is about buying time share investing in condos, like a franchise instead of pots like chef master. And hypothetically speaking, if my husband and I buy our airfare and find it's all a lye once there, nothing is payed for, then we would probably just find a less expensive hotel for our stay do keep in mind that currency is different than the U.S. Mexico for example 1 U.S. dollars10 pesos. 1 can buy you a whole meal. I advice to stay in tourist areas and blend in as much u can so u don't find yourself robed. In any case my Fianc and I plan to contact the resorts and ask them if they are affiliated with Chef master USA. I do hope it's real but if not then it's not a big deal. If anyone has Actually gone to the trip please post! This is helpful to many of us beautiful brides!
  • In Response to Re:Chef Masters Promotion Vacation Giveaway, Scam??:
    Did you go on the trip? Were the accomodations nice?
  • I just went last night with my fiance and after reading all the crap here I almost left the presentation before it even started. I glad that I stayed!!! You are a bunch of crazy bridezillas. You just need to sit you ass, enjoy the presentation and at the end you get your gifts. Nothing to buy no credit card info unless you wanna buy something but overall is a great way for chef masters to promote the line of quality cookware. The hotels outside of the states are all inclusive and inside then is just a hotel stay. If you dont like free stuff and love to look for the negative in all then I bet you have missed out in many others oportunoties in life.
  • repeat, has anyone gone on the trip?

What do people think of the knives?
  • I went last night to the presentation.  The cookware is nice but very expensive (starting around 2 - 3K up to 9K).  The person on the phone will tell you the presentation is only 1 hour - that is a lie (more like 2 hours). 

The salesmen will display other cookware and show its flaws and how most other brands aren't safe to eat from and not energy efficient...typical sales pitch.

The gifts - the biggest one is the vacation - http://chefmasterusa.com/promotions/
    Second one was to Coupondough.com - You pay $5 to mail this forum back in to the company then you can select what coupons you want by mail (so you have to pay for posted) then the coupons arrive in the mail.  To me, big hassle and a waste of money. 

If you really like their cookware, yes the presentation is probably worth it.  If you are interested in the free gifts, make sure you read the fine print before hand. 
  • Got a call earlier today and later tonight after going to a bridal show. Probably won't do it, as I've got a lot going on.  If people do have good luck, that's great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards