Florida-South Florida

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Who watched this show? OMG is all I can say. I'm so intrigued and so disgusted all at the same time. The average age for these girls to get married is 16 & engaged at 14. It's so funny because they have such high morals. No sex or drinking before marriage yet they let their girls walk around dressed as hookers. It's very interesting!!

Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

• edited December 2011
    I was watching it too.   It's VERY interesting.  Apparently, they have the highest birth rates AND mortality rates.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dang it! I missed it :( Do they have an encore of the first episode??
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa, how did I miss this show?! What channel is it on?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I saw part of an episode.  All I can say is WOW.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • edited December 2011
    What channel? I want to see this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    on TLC
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I watched it and it was ridiculous - those little girls dancing before the wedding in those outfits! I was thinking the girl on the show was super young but I guess she was above average for them which is so scary - I can't image if I married my boyfriend from when I was 15 - such a hot mess that would have been. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If I'm not mistaken the new episodes are supposed to air on Sunday nights on TLC. They do keep replaying them all the time. I think there is currently only two episodes right now. They will be re-playing it on June 3rd. Yeah it's over the top crazyness!!! These girls have dresses that way almost as much as they do. This one 7 yr old had a gown made for her 1st communion and the dress alone was 70lbs.

• mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I totally agree with being intrigued and disgusted at the same time.  Can anyone tell me where the older men were?  The only males I saw were the young ones getting married.  Do they have a ritual where they eat their husband on their child's 5th birthday?  That's my theory at least.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards