Canada-Ontario
Options

Grand Olympia

Just wondering if any of you ladies have been to a wedding there or heard anything about them?
 thank you!

Re: Grand Olympia

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of it - is it in Stoney Creek?  I think a friend of mine attended a wedding there, so let me talk to her and I'll get back to you!

I see it's your first post - congrats on the engagement and welcome to the board!  Feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself! :)
  • Options
    nicolecayernicolecayer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you! Yes it's in Stoney Creek, please ask your friend!

I'm Nicole, recently engaged! (Oct 9 2010) and we are looking at a May 2012 wedding. I'm 25 and just finishing up school, my fiance and I have been together 8 years now and can't wait to finally be married! In the meantime, I am LOVING this planning phase!
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Nicole!
    Congratulations on your engagement! It is definately never too early to start looking for a hall! My fiance and I have been to the Grand Olympia as a possible option. When we went there (which was over a year ago), it was very nice and they were under construction so it must be even nicer! What turned us off from the place was that they gave you quote and told you you had 30 days until it "expired" meaning that after 30 days you may not be guaranteed the same price. Maybe to some that wouldn't be a big deal but we didn't like feeling rushed in our decision to book a hall. They are almost all inclusive so when booking a package with them, you can get a lot of things knocked off your list (depending on your budget).

A few years ago, I went to a wedding at the Olympia Banquet Hall which is the same company just a different location on Barton St. It was beautiful. Everything was very well done. So, aside from that quote issue, I don't have anything bad to say about the place!
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend simply said that the reception was beautiful and the food was incredible!
  • Options
    nicolecayernicolecayer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the great reviews girls! My fiance and I have booked for May 12, 2012 :)
  • Options
    AngelinaWAngelinaW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I have also been together 8 years! :) Congrats on your engagement!!

My fiance's sister got married October 2009 at the Grand Olympia. I was a bridesmaid. It is very nice inside but the room we were in wasn't very cozy. There were only about 90 guests and we were in this huge room. The food was great and my fiance even got a second helping of the dessert. I also attended a friends wedding there Sept 2010 and it was nice as well but, I wasn't very impressed with the bartenders (the mixed alcoholic drinks didn't taste very good) and the DJ was old and because he was supplied by The Grand Olympia b/c they had a package deal I felt that he didn't put as much work and thought into it as he could have if he was getting paid separately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards