Massachusetts-Boston

rehearsal dinner ideas--a reasonably priced venue for app.100 people near The Seaport

Hi ladies,

We are getting married at the Seaport and would like to have our rehearsal dinner as close to the hotel as possible.  We are guessing that we will have just under 100 attendees and do not want to spend a small fortune.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: rehearsal dinner ideas--a reasonably priced venue for app.100 people near The Seaport

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

not sure if its pricey, but what abotu Houston's in Quincy Market?
    also, its not near the Seaport, but Maggiano's at Park Plaza would probably be very affordable.

• edited December 2011
    I was also gonna suggest Maggiano's. I know they're often recommended here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seaport area - depending on the time of year and how formal Barking Crab might be cool.  Anthony's Pier 4 is good for seafood and has harbor views.  There's a Morton's steakhouse there but that is probably too pricy?  Also I can't really remember if you could get 100 people in there, but Legal Test Kitchen has solid food.  Just across the bridge near South Station but still walking distance, Les Zygomates can hold 100 people.
  • edited December 2011

We're doing ours at Strega on the Waterfront. They have packages that start at $50pp. I'm sure you could negotiate.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • backbaybridebackbaybride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Legal Seafoods is also opening a new restaurant called Legal Harborside about a block away from the Seaport Hotel.  It looks like it will be gorgeous.  I thought that I heard it would be opening Spring 2011?
  • edited December 2011
    We did Maggianos and while I wasn't very happy with the decision (IL's picked it, as they paid for everything) it turned out really nice. The food was good and the service was great. You can see pics in my bio
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    boston bride - amazing pics!  your wedding was straight out of platinum weddings!  i love the city shots too.
  • kellaukellau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Google restaurants in South Boston...I am sure that you will  be able to work out something with one of them.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, everyone.  We are looking into your suggestions and some others.  i appreciate the help.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Barlow's? It's sort of around the corner, but they'd probably be priced well, and it's pretty nice inside.
    I marry my best friend in... Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards