April 2012 Weddings
Options

I'm going to shoot him

After all the planning, leg work, research I've put into this damn ceremony DH has just informed me he does not like the venue that we both agreed upon and instead wants to do a ceremony and reception in Lake Tahoe, where we were married. Lake freakin' Tahoe is 3 hours away for the love of Pete! I kindly told him that in order for us to have this ceremony on the budget he wants Tahoe was completely out of the question and he better sit the hell down and shut the hell up unless he has something productive to say. This should not be this stressful at this point. I should be on autopilot doing the fun stuff like color schemes and decorating, not still arguing over the venue. Ugh.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm going to shoot him

• Options
    I don't blame you for being aggravated!  I ran into the same problem with my fiance that he wanted a big party that we couldn't afford.  Hopefully once his disappointment that what he wants is out of your budget, he will be more reasonable and things will get easier for you.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_im-going-shoot-him?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:7a497671-4ae1-4c62-988e-770640a5214aPost:27adb459-4a73-4421-9311-e66911aba195">Re: I'm going to shoot him</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't blame you for being aggravated!  I ran into the same problem with my fiance that he wanted a big party that we couldn't afford.  Hopefully once his disappointment that what he wants is out of your budget, he will be more reasonable and things will get easier for you.
    Posted by meganb1977[/QUOTE]

Ugh what's with them LOL DH doesn't seem to realize it actually takes PLANNING to pull something like this off the right way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    They seem to think that everything magically comes together.  My FI thought this a lot at first (he thought I was crazy with all my lists and plans), but now he's realizing that planning a wedding without a cooridnator is a lot of work.

I hope your DH realizes that changing venues this close to your date is craziness, and things smooth out for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_im-going-shoot-him?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:7a497671-4ae1-4c62-988e-770640a5214aPost:a42467bc-91c5-4d24-aad1-129b38a71793">Re: I'm going to shoot him</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>They seem to think that everything magically comes together. </strong> My FI thought this a lot at first (he thought I was crazy with all my lists and plans), but now he's realizing that planning a wedding without a cooridnator is a lot of work. I hope your DH realizes that changing venues this close to your date is craziness, and things smooth out for you!
    Posted by blgrout[/QUOTE]

YES!!! I had to ask FI last minute confirmations on the invites for his family and he was like when are you sending them out? When I told him next month he was confused as to why I was doing them now. Apparantly he thinks they will assemble and address themselves! These things take time! UGH! men! smh...
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards