Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What goes with pulled pork sandwiches?

Our wedding will be an outdoor wedding in October, in the evening.  We are having BBQ pork sandwiches as our main entree.  We'll also have a station for fried oysters.  I need some ideas for vegetable side dishes.  I would prefer finger foods.

Any suggestions??

Re: What goes with pulled pork sandwiches?

• SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    iI it a southern style bbq? Asian? Caribbean? There's a million things that go with bbq. Also, do you want a side dish or finger foods? They're two different things.

If it's southern style I would go with the obvious choices like cornbread, beans, slaw, or potato salad. With Caribbean you could serve some variation of rice and beans, grilled plantains, etc. Asian is endless...wontons, slaws, rice variations or stir-fried veggies
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are serving baked beans, macaroni & cheese, salad, corn bread, rolls. *We are also serving hor'dourves & sliced ham & shredded chicken.
  • edited December 2011
    Potato wedges? Small corn-on-the-cobs? Vegetable kabobs? Maybe you could have potato salad or pasta salad and serve it in individual-sized cups? (Trying to think of finger foods here!) 
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think anything that goes with BBQ food would be tasty! Mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, baked beans, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    cole slaw and sweet potato fries!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards