Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Wedding Venues - Open to Anywhere

My fiance and I just got engaged two weeks ago and while we've been talking about where to get married for awhile we are at a loss. Here are the basics.
  • We live in Kansas City
  • We have parentsi n Florida and Arizona (would love for his grandma to be there and she doesn't travel outside of Arizona)
  • Want an outdoor ceremony and outdoor reception
  • Want a unique experience for guests
  • Don't want our guests spending more than $250 for hotel night of wedding
  • Are open to about anywhere in the U.S. or depnding on how exhausting this is anywhere in general
  • Inviting 170, approximating 125-150 to actually show
  • site, catering, bar budget is $10K

Thoughts? Seriously we are open to any and all.

Re: Outdoor Wedding Venues - Open to Anywhere

• 1 it sounds like if you want grandma there, you are limited to Arizona. Although, where in Arizona does she live? California is not a far drive depending on what parts you are talking about. 2 I would not pay 250 for a hotel anywhere ever for a wedding. That's a pretty steep price for one night, so I would rethink that number.
  • We found some really good prices on outdoor spaces and table/chair rentals on a nearby university campus.  You might start looking in AZ, since Grandma doesn't want to travel? 

State and national parks are also usually inexpensive and can be gorgeous (and there are often cabins/lodges that would be options for you and guests to stay in for *much* less than $250/night)!  The Grand Canyon is perhaps a rather obvious suggestion ... there are also other beautiful canyons in AZ that aren't as well known (read, "not as touristy, expensive and likely to be busy").
  • Tucson is really pretty and great for Out of town guests-lots of hotels and things for people to do. The airport doesnt hurt. The outdoor areas usually have mountain backdrops (awesome!) As far as venue sites go, there are LOTS to chose from. My favorite after a quick google search was the Zellwegger (Z) Mansion. Very affordable, vintage, and pretty. Able to accomodate 250 guests. Their wedding packages take care of EVERY THING. So not a lot of stress. http://zmansion.com/ Again, there are lots to chose from if you don't like that one.
    If that's not your thing, Lake Havasu in Southern Arizona is also really pretty. I took a trip there when I was stationed in AZ and I found it to be really romantic and have more intimate surroundings. Very pretty for such a small town, but there are hotels and restaurants and such.

I know you just started planning and you know you want an outdoor space, but from one outdoor bride to another, it is always a good idea to have a plan B in case it rains. If not an indoor space, then at least a tent. I hope that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lake Tahoe is gorgeous. Guest could find accomodation for much less than $250/night and I'm sure there are several outdoor sites that you could have the actual ceremony/reception at.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you decide in Florida I can help you in the North Florida area. Where do you parents live?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards