Michigan-Lansing

Custom Rings

Good morning ladies!  I was just wondering if anyone has gone the route of a custom ring or knows someone who has.  I'm just trying to see if there's a reputable jeweler in the area that does custom rings.  I had heard the Wheat Jewelers in Okemos did them, but I went in and the customer service stunk.  Do the major jewelry stores here do them, like Becky Beauchine or Medawar's or are there special jewelers in the area that do that?  I'm so lost on this and a custom ring was suggested on the NEY board.

Re: Custom Rings

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We use Arendsen's Jewelers in the the Boji Tower on downtown Lansing.  Mark is really nice and will work with you to put together whatever you want.  My H buys all my good jewlery there.
  • bubblies23bubblies23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

if you are into vintage rings i would suggest wooden skate in okemos. that's where my fiance got my engagement ring and they are working on a custom band to match my 1875 reproduction ring! excellent customer service as well!

• edited December 2011
    FH had my engagement ring custom made and we are having both of our bands custom made by a family friend in Texas. If you are willing to go outside of the area, I HIGHLY recommend him! If you want more information let me know! GL!
  • alknappalknapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H&H Jewelry on the west side of town does custom design.
  • alyzzle11alyzzle11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice ladies!  I had heard of Arendsen's but not Wooden Skate.  I'll have to check it out!
  • ChocomintyChocominty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to drive to Brighton, FAO Jewelers does a fantastic job. They have done 2 of my mothers rings and are a no-pressure business. John is the owner and walks you through everything. FI and I are getting a custom engagement/wedding ring made there and I have been satisfied every step of the way! Plus, the prices are about on-par with a manufactured ring. I'm sure if you wanted to buy your loose diamond somewhere else or online, John would even work with you with that!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    99 image Invited to sail!
    63 image Partiers on board!
    36 image Land lubbers
    ZERO! image Lost at sea

• edited December 2011
    I don't know if you're still looking, but Medawar Jewelers (specifically, the Frandor location) did my custom engagement ring, which turned out absolutely stunning, if I may be so direct.  My fiance is very picky, but came out very satisfied with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards