Not Engaged Yet
Options

DIY - AW your latest project

Inspired by Acro!

Alphabet for Mr. Man's room - In Progress

Two connecting walls are going to have a plate ledge type shelf to display the entire alphabet.  (I am contemplating not putting the letters in alphabetical order.)

Re: DIY - AW your latest project

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's really cute. BF's sister has letters like that over her daughter's crib.

I have nothing to AW. I'm not crafty at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And pre-DIY flooring

GOOD-BYE CARPET!
    Living Room
    Before

Interim

Nursery
    Before

Interim

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    o0o Mutley, lookit you go! Cute idea with the letters.

I did some DIY....sort of...monograms!!

I'm not set on them yet.  They're just a start but I'm going to refine them and  tweak them until I get them the way I want them. 

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I am going to finish the letters today. 

Paige, what do you plan on using the monogram for?  Technically, a monogram should not be used on invites or any pre-wedding items.

I like #1 over #2.  Do you have a general idea of what you want your wedding to feel like? 
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mutley everyhting looks amazing , you are an inspiration ;) Paige I LOVE the top monogram btw :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The top monogram is really nice, Paige.
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mutley - everything is looking amazing! You've inspired me to take advantage of my 4 day weekend coming up!

Paige - I like the top monogram the best. If you want a cute way around Mutley's point you could substitute an ampersand for the H.
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mutley, the floors and paint (this is new khaki, yes?) look fantastic.

Paige, very cute. I also vote #1.

Hopefully later this week I can AW my unpacked house!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really need to get printer cartridges for our home printer so I can start printing and putting together all the DIY for my sister's shower.

In the meantime, I put together the mad-lib cards for the reception. They'll be on 5x7 cards in a small stack on each table with some pencils for filling out. I based the design on Kat's, only added the front side to make word selection more random.

Mad Libs - Front

Mad Libs - Back

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote #1 on the monograms, Paige...

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Mad Libs!!!!

BTW - Acro and Hetshup - how are your mab libs going? Desert - are you doing them too? I can't remember.

Also, I forgot to say, Mutley, your letters look awesome. I can't wait to see the finished project!
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diy-aw-latest-project?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:39fe754b-89ed-4d4f-9c9c-131ab00176fePost:950dab52-d7be-4a54-a6ba-dc3eecb1cba0">Re: DIY - AW your latest project</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!  I am going to finish the letters today.  Paige, what do you plan on using the monogram for?  Technically, a monogram should not be used on invites or any pre-wedding items. I like #1 over #2.  Do you have a general idea of what you want your wedding to feel like? 
    Posted by **Mutley**[/QUOTE]

<div>#1 is my fav.  as well but I still don't think it's done yet.  It needs tweaking. </div><div>
    </div><div>It's just going to be for favors and thank you cards/notes so nothing pre-wedding.  And, well, it's over a year away so I can see me totally changing my mind and scraping the idea for something else by then. lol</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't really know how to describe the feel we're going for.... </div><div>The ceremony itself will be short and my Grandfather, if he is feeling up to it, will be our officiant.  We don't want a lot of prayers (although I'm sure Grandpa will say one or two) so we'll probably just have someone say a few nice words.  </div><div>
    </div><div>The reception will be semi-formal(ish).  Semi-formal with fun is how FI likes to describe it...I guess that's a good way of thinking about it.  Not a lot of speeches but lots of food, booze, good music and fun.  We really want people to get gussied up and come enjoy a big celebration with us.  </div>

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diy-aw-latest-project?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:39fe754b-89ed-4d4f-9c9c-131ab00176fePost:10036609-135e-4944-a0c2-6ea04df46cf7">Re: DIY - AW your latest project</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Mad Libs!!!! BTW - Acro and Hetshup - how are your mab libs going?
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

Mine are done and in the box with everything else that's going to the reception.  FI loved them and thought they were awesome.  I showed my mom and aunts and they looked at me very confused; apparently they've never heard of MadLibs.  So I told FI we're likely going to have a generation gap in our answers of adults who don't get it and just fill in appropriate responses, and our age group that gives horribly raunchy and inappropriate answers.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diy-aw-latest-project?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:39fe754b-89ed-4d4f-9c9c-131ab00176fePost:c520f10b-6e5e-43ca-97bc-882867dd52fc">Re: DIY - AW your latest project</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIY - AW your latest project :   So I told FI we're likely going to have a generation gap in our answers of adults who don't get it and just fill in appropriate responses, and our age group that gives horribly raunchy and inappropriate answers.
    Posted by Acrosthec[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think that might make them even funnier!  Stick the appropriate ones next to raunchy ones and you've got the makings of an excellent memory book;)</div>

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh! This is a fun thread. The alphabet looks cool, the wood floors are an improvement over carpet, and monograms are fun!!

I actually just finished sewing a dress last night.

It's a Vogue DKNY pattern.
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oceana, I love the madlibs idea.  Also, where did you find the kissing fish graphic?  I could actually use that... hmm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diy-aw-latest-project?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:39fe754b-89ed-4d4f-9c9c-131ab00176fePost:1465cc4c-580f-40f0-97d6-ed80851c16d7">Re: DIY - AW your latest project</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oceana, I love the madlibs idea.  Also, where did you find the kissing fish graphic?  I could actually use that... hmm.
    Posted by noelle24[/QUOTE]

I found it by searching "kissing fish" images on Google. I ended up recoloring it from black to navy in Microsoft Publisher.

If you want to PM me your email, I can send you the Mad Lib File. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards