Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Recs. for a seamstress to make b-maid dresses?

Hey! I am looking to have my bridesmaid dresses made, because I can't find any colors of ones in stores that I like. Did anyone else have their bridesmaid dresses made? If so, who did them, and would you recommend this person? Thanks!

Re: Recs. for a seamstress to make b-maid dresses?

• Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Viejes had Louise Kegley make her BM dresses and they turned out AWESOME! Also, my mom had her dress made by The Dressmaker in Edina and had a great experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bimbi is right, we had Louise Kegley make ours and I loved how they turned out! I believe she charged about $75-85 for each dress and she made them to fit each girl perfectly so they had no alteration charges. I just found a dress I liked and showed her a picture of it.

Here is how they turned out:

Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    franticbride2franticbride2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much girls! I have seen Louise's name quite a bit on here for alterations, but wasn't sure what kind of work she did on actually making dresses. Veijes, your dresses turned out GORGEOUS! She definitely does an amazing job! I gave her a call today and talked to her, she seems VERYnice. How long did it take from the time you got her everything until she had them done? She gave me like a 2-3 month time frame, which I don't think is long enough? I guess she is the professional, though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She told me she could literally make a BM dress in 5 hours so I think the time frame she gave you is perfect.

For ours, I don't remember the time frame but I do know that for the regular BM's it took 3 fittings total but for the pregger BMs it took more fitting because they kept growing :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards