October 2012 Weddings

Marriage License

So we have some WR checks happening today!!!  We are getting our marriage license and meeting with our travel agent to pick up final travel docs for Jamaica!  Where is everyone on their Marriage License...I ask because its good thing I had this on my master list or I would have completely spaced this one off.....lol...
Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
101 Are ready to party image
18 Can't make it image
1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image

Re: Marriage License

• Technically it isn't in my my hands. We've already handed it off to our pastor. But we have it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I haven't gotten mine yet.  We are going to the courthouse on Tuesday.  That is the earliest that we can get it since we won't be in Florida until tomorrow and Monday is a holiday.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We got ours last Friday - I got a little choked up when we were swearing that the information was accurate.  I'm such a mess, lol.  We celebrate with margaritas afterward.  It sounds like you have all your ducks in a row, Jessi.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    we fileld out our application in August but didn't bring the papers to city hall until a couple weeks ago.  Literally all I did was fill out the info, gave it to my fiance to submit on his day off, he waited 5 minutes and we had all we needed.  We arent 100% sure what we are supposed to do with it all, but our pastor does.
  • We got ours a month ago and then a week or two after that gave it to our priest, so he has it=)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_marriage-license-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:1dc1b506-f873-4882-ab30-c3d977affcc9Post:68c25440-9297-41d4-9070-80b621b0d600">Re: Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]Technically it isn't in my my hands. We've already handed it off to our pastor. But we have it!
    Posted by CFM102012[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. We gave it to our pastor at our final meeting. One less thing for us to remember on the wedding day.
    Anniversary
  • We've gone to the courthouse, filled out the paper work, and paid. Waiting for a certified copy to come back in the mail.....I was told you can only change your name on your SSN card with a certified copy of your marriage license. It was $3 extra so we did it. 

Should be here any day now Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've got mine loaded in my car and ready for signing TOMORROW!!! Laughing Congrats on all your checks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Going today to pick it up!!!!
  • FI and I are going on Tues.  In NY state, you have to both be present and fill out the form at Town/City hall.  There's a 24 hour waiting period, but going on Tues will be fine for out Fri wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_marriage-license-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:1dc1b506-f873-4882-ab30-c3d977affcc9Post:1fb79b1f-2234-42b7-9f1a-446d8d0aa203">Re: Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marriage License : Ditto this. We gave it to our pastor at our final meeting. One less thing for us to remember on the wedding day.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

We are meeting with our pastor on Sunday, so I will have to remember to bring the license. I wouldn't have thought to do that - curse you, wedding brain!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are getting ours on the 11th. In our state/county you both must be present and you only need to bring a state ID and SSN (and $51, don't forget!) and you get the license right then. I'm glad there isn't a waiting period. It would just make me super nervous/anxious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_marriage-license-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:1dc1b506-f873-4882-ab30-c3d977affcc9Post:aa1e2724-a52d-4697-87ef-a1fdbc5bddee">Re: Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting ours on the 11th. In our state/county you both must be present and you only need to bring a state ID and SSN (and $51, don't forget!) and you get the license right then. I'm glad there isn't a waiting period. It would just make me super nervous/anxious!
    Posted by Kristin4911[/QUOTE]

Kristin...we are in Missouri too!  we chuckled at the 51.00 in cash only...lol....cool that we get to have it in hand today tho when we go!!!!
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • This is on my agenda for Tuesday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the same schedule today! FI picked up our HM (Hawaii) docs today and after I get off work (half day), we're getting our marriage license.  In Illinois, we have a waiting period (24hr) before it becomes valid, but we get to take it home with us.  It's $35 in our county +$1 if you pay by credit card.
  • We got ours on September 5, the first day we were eligible to go to city hall and get it! Gave it to our priest two weeks ago at our final meeting.
  • We got ours 2 weeks ago and by chance I noticed a mistake on it!  We went today to have it fixed (had to take more time off work...NY says we both have to be there) and have the ACCURATE one ready to give to the Reverend tomorrow...our wedding is Thursday!  City Hall told us it would have been a BIG problem if we hadn't caught the mistake....freaked me out!
    ***HAPPILY MARRIED 10-11-12*** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We picked ours up today, we both had to go last week Friday and apply and after giving 105.00 really that much to the state of Wisconsin, we were told we could pick it up on the 5th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_marriage-license-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:1dc1b506-f873-4882-ab30-c3d977affcc9Post:40fbd9dc-79a5-4775-b4de-9761802bffa4">Re: Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've gone to the courthouse, filled out the paper work, and paid. Waiting for a certified copy to come back in the mail.....I was told you can only change your name on your SSN card with a certified copy of your marriage license. It was $3 extra so we did it.  Should be here any day now 
    Posted by rlr02[/QUOTE]

<div>In Ohio, after the certificate is signed by the bride, groom and witnesses, the officiant mails in the offcial part. Then you can go in and get the certified copy for the name change.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We don't need to get a marriage licence in the province our wedding is in. Which I thought was odd, and whenever I tell people that they freak out and think I'm wrong and won't be able to get married. When I was first trying to look up all the legal stuff, I couldn't find on ANY website anything about where to get a marriage licence, or any paperwork for that matter, and got freaked out. Turns out there is no marriage licence, and the officiant has to take care of everything for you. All you have to do is show up and sign the certificate the day of. Pretty sweet that I don't have to worry about anything. Only paperwork we do is after the wedding to request a copy of the marriage certificate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards