Gay Weddings

how are you and your fiance getting down the aisle?

We are having a 'surprise wedding' at a restaurant.  Guests will file outside to a small grassy square and stand for the ceremony.  No music.  Not sure how to get us out there in front of the officiant.  I am hoping that your plans might give me an idea.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how are you and your fiance getting down the aisle?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wife and I walked down the aisle together, holding hands.  We had matching arm bouquets, and I carried mine on my right arm while she carried hers on her left.
  • niklynn622niklynn622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our church has 3 aisles, two on the sides and one down the middle. When we come in, we are going to walk down the outside aisle separately and meet at the altar. Then when we leave we will walk down the center aisle together, signifying our new life together. :)

Nicole
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are planning to walk down together

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a tradtion type wedding he will be waiting for me to come down the aisle. then we will wall back up togather.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there! My fiance are getting married in a beautiful park, and we lucked out because there are two aisles on eather side of seating where the guests will be. We decided it would be nice to walk down the aisle at the same time, and meet at the alter...I didn't want her to be waiting for me, and then get into some gender role territory (I am femme, she isn't), so the last thing I want is for people to think of ME as the bride and her as something else, because that's not what we are about. I think it's a lovely idea to walk down either together or have seperate aisles if possible and meet at the front.

Hope that helps!! Congrats to you!! :)
  • tyler182tyler182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of one of us walk down the aisle with his respective part of the wedding party (there is one for each of us) and then as soon as the first gets to the alter, the second will proceed. I thought it would slash the gender role thing and also allow us to go from separate to together thing. 
  • edited December 2011

We had planned for me (the more feminine bride) to go first just so that she wouldn't be seen as the "man" but I think the idea of using side isles is GREAT! Thank you!

• jen-n-jessjen-n-jess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are walking down the aisle hand in hand with our parents.

• edited December 2011
    My uncle is so excited about giving me to my fiance, he is going to walk me down. But I also like the idea of the two isle, I may have to put that in consideration.
    Thanks for the idea
  • rikandmegrikandmeg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're going to rock paper scissors at the end of the aisle to see who goes first...we're hoping to get a laugh out of it.

we realized that we've never rock paper scissor'ed before and we decided that we shouldn't because then we might learn each other's strategies.
    so we're saving it for marriage.

-Rikki
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards