Just Engaged and Proposals

On the fly proposal

Kevin came over to my apartment after work on May 14th, 2010.  I had decided to dress up that evening for no particular reason, and I wasn't quite finished with my makeup.  I told him, "I'm not done getting pretty yet," and basically slammed the bathroom door in his face.  I emerged a few minutes later to find him sitting on the couch.  He looked up at me and asked me if I was done getting pretty.  I responded that I was, but he shook his head.  He said, "I think you're missing one thing."  My hand fluttered to my throat to feel if I'd remember to put on my necklace (my Christmas gift from him).  It was there, of course.  He then opened his hand to reveal a beautiful ring--a white gold, tiffany setting, diamond solitaire.  He couldn't have picked a more perfect ring.  It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.  I couldn't speak for a moment, but I tried to climb in his lap and kiss him.  He held me back by my shoulders for a moment, and said, "Now, wait.  Autumn, will you marry me?"  I said yes, and then I got to climb in his lap for a kiss...  Or fifteen.  He later told me that he would have asked me the following morning, but he couldn't pass up a setup like that.

Re: On the fly proposal

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards