Retro and Vintage Weddings

Would you think of these bridesmaid dresses?

Hey ladies! I could really use your opinions. I'm going for a classic wedding in the fall, with a vintage feel to it. I'm using a lot of ivory, aquas and pale pinks. These are not bridemaid dresses, but I really love them and would like to use them. Please let me know what you all think. TIA!

Here's a photo of the potential bridesmaid dress:

Here's the link just for good measure: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001624&currentIdx=36&subCategory=-49998947%257c3001471%257c3001624&catentryId=2001041&sort=

Also, this is my dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001783&currentIdx=1&subCategory=-49999486%257c3001447%257c3001518%257c3001783&catentryId=6142355&sort=
Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Would you think of these bridesmaid dresses?

• i think those are extremely cute! it doesnt have to be specifically a bridesmaid dress for it to have a cohesive look and those are plenty dressy enough to qualify. my bridesmaids are wearing polka dot dresses that were definitely not classified as bridesmaid :) PLUS they can wear them again - win win!

and your dress is GORGEOUSSSS

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • I think they rock!  my girls are getting J. Crew Bridesmaid dresses because I hated everything I saw at David's (Not a big fan of satin!)  and I wanted a specific color/style and for them to be cmfortable and be able to wear them again,

I think the dresses you picked are great and your dress is spectacular!
  • Thank you both so much! I'm feeling much better about this!

Graceful, I remember your polka dot dresses and honestly I kept them in mind as a different type of bridesmaid dress that stands out, but still looks consistent and cool. You really made it work!

Tri, I looked at j. crew too! That really had some great stuff! I agree about DB. I was really bored with the long, silky solid colors.
  • my friend's sister used these as her bridesmaid dresses and they were beautiful. all of the girls looks gorgeous. it was one of those dresses that looked good on all of the body types. my friend still wears hers as just a regular nice dress because it's so cute.

Anniversary
  • Thank you all so much! I'm happy to hear about people using these dresses and I love that they can wear them again.
  • http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll417/shellyandmatt/Wedding%20Post%20Ceremony/?albumview=slideshow#/grid

This is a friend's wedding who used those same dresses. Her BMs LOVED them!

Our dresses aren't "BM" dresses, either :)
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • That photobucket album looks great, hippie! Thanks for that!

Thanks again everyone, also for the comments on my dress!
  • I Love this dress the only problem is if any of your brides maids are really busty then it doesn't cover alot!

• beautiful dress!  I love the style, and it's definitely something that I would wear again if I had to wear it as a bridesmaid. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks RobotCake. That's a good point, Borey. But my bridesmaids are all tall and thin. Jerks Smile

So, you guys don't think it would be a problem to incorporate soft, romantic colors into the wedding with these dresses?
  • A friend of mine also used these. The girls loved them because, like others said, they can use them again. They also liked the fact that they flattered each of their figures, from very thin to somewhat bigger girls. Great choice!
    Photobucket
  • I would wear that in a heartbeat!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Actually, turn that into a full ball gown with a chapel train and I'd get married in it!!!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_would-think-of-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:b0097a9c-d74f-42bd-be30-ed91fd6b916aPost:a6d7c901-f8c1-450d-ae76-8986e7cf7bb5">Re: Would you think of these bridesmaid dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, you guys don't think it would be a problem to incorporate soft, romantic colors into the wedding with these dresses?
    Posted by FutureMsAlexander[/QUOTE]
     No way--I think these dresses are super romantic.....so, these, in addition to soft romantic colors of the wedding would be beautiful
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    they're fantastic dresses.  I'd be stoked to wear those if I were your bridesmaid!  I can't see your dress, btw.  David's bridals website is currently under maintenance.  I'll check again later >:C  grrr
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    These are cool.  I like them.  Like any strapless dress, though, good fit may be a challenge for the more well-endowed (C cup or greater).  As long as your more busty friends have a good fitting with the right bra, it will be fine.
  • what a fantastic dress! i would be thrilled to wear that! i agree with pp's it def had a romantic feel with the see through fabric and scallop details. your dress is gorgeous too!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Beautiful dress and one they could wear again!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I absolutely love that dress!  I want my girl's to wear long dresses, but when I came across that dress awhile back I almost changed my mind!  I love the vintage look and the detail!  :)
  • Also, I think they go really well with the look of your dress.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards