Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

My Lansing, MI wedding

I got married on August 13, 2011.  I haven't been much up for posting about it until now.  I had the post-wedding blues for a while, but now I am back on track!  Planning the wedding was the most fun I ever had!

My husband and I got married at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center in East Lansing, MI.  Originally we were going to have an outside ceremony, but it rained and thankfully we had a back up plan to have it in the Auditorium.  All Grand Events did the decorations for both the ceremony and the reception and they did an excellent job!  For the ceremony we had an arch with two pillars n the sides and purple and pink flowers.  They had to move everything from the patio into the Auditorium at the last minute, and did a great job at corresponding with Kellogg.

The decorations matched beautifully with the Auditorium.  We chose to have a violinist from Rusch Entertainment out of Flint for the ceremony music, and I walked down the aisle with my grandfather to Cannon D in A minor.  Our minister was out of my sister’s church, and my husband and I chose to have a simple ceremony with Unity Sand instead of the Unity Candle.

The reception was in the Lincoln Room, and we had a buffet of hors d'oeuvres.  The food was delicious, and Kellogg did a good job of meeting our needs.  The Lincoln Room was decorated so beautifully by All Grand Events that it took our breath away.  We had chair covers with bows; table covers of purple, and centerpieces of Hydrangeas inside of floating candles.  They also decorated the Cake Table with a purple table cover, and rose petals with votive candles.  Our cake baker was a personal friend, as well as the photographer.

It was truly a dream wedding!

Anniversary

Re: My Lansing, MI wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards