Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Suggestions for afternoon reception venue around Westport?

We are not from the KC area.

We are planning for my daughter to get married next June at Jacob's Well, in the Westport area.  It will be on a Saturday and the wedding will be at 11 am.  We are thinking of a reception beginning at 1 or 2, serving lunch.  I'm sure dancing will be involved.  The guest list is around 250.

We are now investigating reception venues.  We really don't need or necessarily want anything super-fancy.  We would be fine with something that is safe, clean, presentable, and is big enough to hold us.  We could arrange for catering ourselves.  We are creative, "think outside of the box" kind of people and could make a lot of different spaces work. We would prefer that the reception be not too far from the church...within 30 min or so if possible. 

As I understand it, Westport is an older area and there are not major hotels in Westport.  The Plaza is nearby.  Seems a little fancy for us, but, like I said, we're flexible.

We would welcome any suggestions from the KC crowd.  Thanks so muchLaughing

Re: Suggestions for afternoon reception venue around Westport?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We really liked Californo's in Westport. Check them out if you haven't already! They do food and drinks there though in house. It's a really neat venue.
  • Options
    gin4kidsgin4kids member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Q Hotel & Spa....Kansas City's first green hotel.  It is on Wesport Road across from America's Pub.
    http://theqhotel.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the suggestion of Californo's...I have heard really great things about receptions there! And I think there is a Holiday inn in Wesport.  For my brother's wedding in May (the after party was in Westport) we all stayed at the Marriott Courtyard that is on the Plaza and it was like a 3 min (and super cheap) cab ride there.  Some of the guests even walked to Westport from the hotel.  You may also want to check out the Crossroads district for venues (it is a little further from Westport, but still within about 15 min) and has some nice urban style venues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a great wedding at the Q!
    img_9694 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards