Michigan-Detroit
Options

Flower Girl Dress

Where is your flower girl's dress from?

I did not expect them to be so expensive! I haven't found very many options in department stores. We love the tutu flower girl dresses but I am nervous about ordering one on online. Any suggestions?

Re: Flower Girl Dress

• Options
    Our wedding colors were white and black. I searched amazon.com for "White and black girl dresses". I found so much of what I needed for my wedding simply by doing internet searches.

If you buy from a major retailer online with a "brick store" like Macy's, Penney's, Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Sears, Kohls, etc, you can return the item in-store with the receipt.

I do ALL my holiday shopping online and save the receipts. Also, when you have store issued credit cards like Macy's, etc, they send you emails with 20% off coupons, etc. Often these coupon discounts also apply to items on sale, and you can double up your savings. When I shop online I always start with the "clearance" or "Sale" tabs, then work toward the items not on sale. It can be time consuming, but it's also easier than driving to the mall, parking the car, and sorting through racks of clothes.

I also found it helps to be flexible. For example, you may not find a "tutu" dress, but there are lots of dresses for little girls with tulle overlays, I see them all the time. I'd recommend shopping right after the holidays or after Easter to get the best deals on unsold little girl dresses. There are tons of "flower girl style" dresses sold that are not labeled "flower girl dresses". Shopping strictly for dresses intended for flower girls will tend to give you results that cost more..........anything labeled for "weddings" gets a cost increase, LOL.

If you feel better shopping in person, go to a discount mall like Great Lakes Crossing that has outlet stores, or try Nordstrom's Rack in Troy on Big Beaver.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Honestly, mine got an easter dress at the end of the season for a great price at either Kohls, JCPenney, or some other store like that.
  • Options
    Try online, flowergirlprincess.com they are real reasonable and good quality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got ours after Easter/Communion at Sears at 70% off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards