Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Shower Hostess Gifts?!?

What are you doing/did you do for a hostess gift for your bridal shower?? I most likely have about 10 girls planning, so I can't get anything super expensive... but I want it to be a nice gift at the same time. Thoughts/ideas?!?

Re: Shower Hostess Gifts?!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a shower gel and body lotion from VS. They were on sale for like $5 each at the time, so very reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm doing a nice potted plant since it's spring. Something fresh and pretty :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also want to send my girls something, but I can't think of what... My friend got her BM flowers, which I would also like to do, but flowers are expensive! Bah. I don't know.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hadn't even thought about it. I guess considering my shower is less than two weeks away I should look into this.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat... I am definitey going to get them something, I just don't know what yet. A nice potted plant is a good idea, especially since it is spring! I think I am going to get my MOH something different, as she mostly organized the shower.

A few girls on my month board said that they gave their girls umbrellas with a note saying something like: "I hope all your showers are as wonderful as this one"  -- I thought this was cute, but not sure if I would love to get an umbrella as a gift... decisions, decisions!
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh i love the umbrella idea! i never want to buy myself a new umbrella - but its something you always need!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG LOVE THE UMBRELLA IDEA!!! 
     **runs off to amazon**
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dang, umbrellas are expensive. bah.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could do the same saying with shower/bath products.  :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok ladies, perfect timing for me as well with these suggestions! I'm going with shower/pampering stuff AND the cute note! I'm also including a note about the fact that I'm covering their hair and makeup for the big day, and that they shouldn't worry about jewelry (my gift to them) either :) I struggled with whether I should include the extra notes, but I think it's necessary for planning purposes... Do you agree?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011

nat - I agree that the note would be nice to have for planning purposes! When my MOH got married thats what she did for us... she actually gave us gift cards for the place we got our hair/makeup done after the shower was over. it was a nice suprise and def helped me plan what I would need the day of her wedding!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does the hostess gifts vary from the the other bridesmaids gifts?  Or is it considered the same thing? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards